WE ARE ALONE.....or are we?

by JNS2 13 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

I find it hard to believe that with so many solar systems, etc, that there is not life of some form at least on many planets. Intelligent life such as aliens that are going to come and take over the earth. Don't think so, but at least there has got to be plant life, maybe small animals, at least.

• SYN
    SYN

Small animals - maybe. Intelligent bags of gas - definitely.

Good points there DB!

• JNS2
    JNS2

When the Bible was being written, I doubt the thought of any life a thousand miles away could have been conceived of, much less trillions & trillions of miles (light years) away. In perspective I think our view of ourselves & our planet will be so radically different in a few hundred years as to seem laughable. SOMETHING has to be going on in this universe other than issues that pertain to the EARTH.

• Mary
    Mary

SYN said: There is a single very simple reason why the Bible doesn't deal with extraterrestrial life. For the very simple reason that the writers of the Bible were not familiar with concepts like "outer space", "planets", and of course, "solar systems".

Exactly. There's absolutely no mention in the bible about dinosaurs either. And why is that? Because the bible writers weren't familiar with them, as they lived long before we were here. However, we now have irrefutible, physical evidence that dinosaurs DID live here on this earth..........just because the bible doesn't mention it, doesn't mean it didn't happen. So are we alone in the universe? Not bloody likely, in my opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit