What Are Your All Time Favorite TV Shows???

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Many years ago I was very much taken by a screenplay that was presented on public television. It was called The Gardener's Son, written by Cormac McCarthy. He also wrote All the Pretty Horses and many very depraved books (Outer Dark, Child of God) that captivated me even while I was a witness.

The Gardener's Son really got to me...sexually, emotionally. All of Cormac McCarthy's novels do the same thing to me. They are strong, base, raw and sensual. Amazing writing. I moved to Tennesee because of them.

On a lighter or semi-lighter side: Twilight Zone, One Step Beyond, Seinfeld, Everybody Loves Raymond, Becker, British comedy like Waiting For God, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By, To The Manor Born, and Masterpiece Theatre. I enjoy watching period pieces that take me back to the 1800s and before.

Edited by - windchaser on 6 January 2003 14:45:48

• happyout
    happyout

My word, don't any of you people watch TV shows with minorities??? How about the Cosby Show (the Huxtables), The Flip Wilson Show, Sanford and Son (which I personally hated, but was very popular), the Jeffersons, Kung Fu, etc. Geez, expand a little, please.

My all time favorites, in no order:

The Cosby Show

Will and Grace

Sex and the City

Living Single

The Amazing Race

Alias

The Practice

The Carol Burnett Show

Friends

Family Ties

Bosom Buddies

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I love...

Star Trek and all it's predecessors.

Babylon 5

Stargate SG-1

Space 1999

The X-Files

Millennium

Lost in Space (I liked the seriousness of Dr. Smith before he got all corny *sigh!*)

Highlander - The Series

Knight Rider

Battlestar Galactica (and I am hoping they will return www.battlestargalactica.com for more information)

Planet of the Apes (the TV series)

I can't think of anything else....

Yizuman

• dannywalsh
    dannywalsh

WITHOUT A DOUBT MY FAVOURITE TV SHOW IS AUF WEIDERSEHEN PET A CLASSIC BRITISH COMEDY DRAMA WHICH NO DOUBT ALOT OF AMERICANS HAVE NEVER HEARD OF OR WOULD LIKELY UNDERSTAND BECAUSE OF THE GEORDIE SCOUSE BRUMMIE COCKNEY ACCENTS OF THE CHARACTERS ,A TRUE GEM

• Searchin50
    Searchin50

All- time favorite

Sanford & son

• Swan
    Swan

Venice mentioned Sledge Hammer.

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

That was a funny show!

But my all time favorite comedy is Fawlty Towers. It may be sacrilege to say so, but I think it was a little funnier than Monty Python's Flying Circus, which is a very close second.

Tammy

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

As for shows with minorities, I absolutely LOVED The Cosby Show, What's Happenin', and Good Times

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

This is amazing,my list is the same as Yizuman plus Farscape,Dads Army,Some mothers do 'ave 'em,Thunderbirds,Captain Scarlet and Stingray.

Cheers.

Rich.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I have the complete Falty Towers Box Set . I think it's diff to the 'flying circus' it's more of a higher class humor then the stupid/slapstick which I love as well.

I also have several of the 'Police Squad' epsoides which were the precurseors to the Naked Gun movies.

Ven

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Lost In Space is still my all time favorite.

El K <-------------Of the "oh the pain, the pain" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit