If jw's obeyed all of the bible commandments what would they be like?

by purrpurr 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

The jw's cite abstaining from blood along with other cherry picked commandments. But then ignore the others. This is very hippocritical and if they are going to obey one commandment they should be obeying the rest.

Just as a bit of fun then... What would jw's be like if they obeyed every rule in the bible?

Here's my contribution: they would have to wear no mixed fabrics ( no cheap polyester& wool suits)

No working on the Sabbath ( Saturday)

Do not envy another's property ( no more " I'll have that big house when it's owner is killed at Armageddon)

Make no image of God ( so alot of revising would need to be done with their illustrations)

And lastly do not lie ( a commandment which a certain GB member has just broken at the RC)

Over to you guys now...

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

They would have to show and demonstrate true love and genuine charity to all in need around them as Jesus supposedly commanded and not just funnel all their resources to buying the GB fancy jewelry and building their ever expanding publishing/property empire.

They would have to learn to truly value and protect children and the fatherless boys/girls among them.

They would have to stop going ahead of the Bible and desist their 130 year old habit of plucking out random 2 and 3 thousand year old scriptures and presumptuously declaring themselves to be ie: God's prophet/spokesperson/only channel on earth, Governing Body/Faithful and Discreet Slave, God's Chosen People, only JW's will be saved, bla bla bla...

• Heaven
    Heaven

The adult male members would have to circumcize the adult male recruits if they weren't already circumcized.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    chaos and confusion. The Bible is a collection of books written at different times, different places, for different audiences, with conflicting political, social and religious views. The last thing that can be said of the Bible is that it is infallible, inerrant or harmonious.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

It would be completely impossible for a group as a whole to obey ALL the commandments in the bible. Jesus command to have love of neighbor contradicts a good number of other commands (most of the mosaic law, really). The only way to make it work is to state, as JWs do, that Jesus' sacrifice made the law obsolete and they therefore are no longer bound by it. (I'm sure someone who cared more could probably find contradictions in commandments in the NT alone, but I'm not going to bother.) But when you start negating part of the bible, you get into the area of interpretation and then anything is fair game.

Anyone can behave however they want and they can find justification for their behavior in the bible if they look hard enough.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They'd be like ISIS.

Doc

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

James 5;14 ..Call the Elders when you are sick. Ok, sick physically, mentally or

spiritually? Yes the elders are to pray over you and anointing him with oil.

That's funny, when members of JW faith become spiritual sick they are DF.

1Peter 3:3 Women don't dress up, fix your hair or wear jewelry.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

purrpurr:

"The jw's cite abstaining from blood along with other cherry picked commandments."

Actually, the issue of blood comes from the account of God dictating a commandment to Noah. That preceded the Hebrew covenant and presumably would apply to everyone.

More relevant to Christians would be the words of the apostle Paul that commands all Christians to abstain from blood:

19 “It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. 20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood. 21 For the law of Moses has been preached in every city from the earliest times and is read in the synagogues on every Sabbath.” Acts 15:19-21 New International Version

In general they do cherry pick Old Testament laws to their convenience like many fundamentalist Christians who condemn gays based on scriptures but ignore other scriptures like the ones found in Deuteronomy 22:13-29.

If JWs were to follow all of the Old Testament civil laws they would be Theonomists who believe in the creation of a theocratic state bound by Old Testament law (except for "ritual" laws). These people have a major influence on (U.S.) Republican leaders even though they are a small percentage of our population.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    If it wasn't against the law, my EX-JW wife would have stoned our kids.
  • naazira
    naazira

I think they would be like a CULT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit