Inside Scientology and Escaping the Witnesses - Mon 24th channel 5

by not bitter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yea, I spotted that too, and I knew that any JW watching would concentrate mainly on that mistake more than the rest of the Programme, as is their way.

I suppose we cannot expect the guy to be an expert on all the facets of arcane JW theology, but it was a shame, the only real error in the whole thing.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Thanks for the upload! I had to laugh at the end: The Jehovah's Witnesses website claims that disfellowshipped persons are not cut off and day-to-day dealings may continue". That's a blatant lie that the zombies are clearly aware of, it's on THIER holy site, yet the lie is justified somehow by the R&F. Clearly the Borg is hiding a truth that is both harmful and a blight on their image as a loving religion and they know it. And THAT, dear friends, is why I refuse to make any distinction between the GB and the R&F die-hards when I say I hate JWs.
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    Thank you for posting this. As Geoffrey Jackson himself stated, these groups need to have laws enacted so they are forced to do the right things. Scientology or JW or Moonies, or whatever ... they are no different. They are 'captive organizations' and are harmful to people.
  • Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

I tried to get my wife to watch it. She has been inactive for over a year but she wouldn't watch it or talk about it. She still needs time for the mental barriers to come down. The fact she still has a lot of family in I think makes it hard for her to go full apostate.

I thought it was pretty good and if she had watched it she would have been able to relate to a lot of what was said.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frazzled UBM - "I tried to get my wife to watch it. She has been inactive for over a year but she wouldn't watch it or talk about it."

Detox takes longer for some than it does for others.

• flipper
    flipper
    Thanks for posting this- more programs need to be aired on every form of media concerning dangerous cults like Scientology and Jehovah's Witnesses
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Great post! Thx for the link!

I think it was great to have three different experts on cults interviewed.

I watched for the part about "Armageddon/ Hell" and really, it sounded as though he was making an overall statement about things that control people, be it Armageddon or Hell or whatever it is that will kill you. ;-)

Great that this reality is getting out there to give victims a chance to see that they are not alone.

Cha Ching! (no more money for WT!)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The faithful will see it as "Just another of Satan's attacks" .Unless they are already troubled they would recognize the congregations as depicted, as being anything like life at their local K/Hall with chummy elders and the "joys of service". Like any other high control group, if one keeps one's nose clean and is happy to be told what to do, life in dub-world is o k . (they have not cottoned on that the promises are just not true)

It is funny that they will believe every word of criticism of the Scientologists but insist that every word against themselves is a lie

The benefit of the programme is to those not yet inside. I hope that it may stop a few studies and regular return visits.

• krejames
    krejames
    OMG just sitting down to watch this on catch up and that's only my old KH within the first seconds! How do I not know this ex-sister!?! Hooked!
  • krejames
    krejames
    This is filmed just round the corner from me in my home town!! How did I not know this was being filmed!!! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit