GB member and 17000 US$ iWatch !

by sp74bb 30 Replies latest jw friends

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    There are already two threads about it here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/440110001/geoffrey-jacksons-golden-apple-watch-investigated

Yours is now a third. But thx for sharing, anyway.

SecretSlaveClass

Topics that are interesting are buried so quickly that it is hard to track a topic that you may be interested in. There are probably others who appreciate having a topic brought back to life, even if it means creating a new topic on the same subject. Maybe, some adjustment can be made to the database to solve this problem. It will save time and space.

Back to the Topic: G. Jackson and others who engage in this type of behavior should be ashamed of themselves.

There are experiences of older sisters while out in field service will offer $2.00 for gas, because that is all they can contribute. The $2.00 may have made a difference between buying a meal or going without food.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Even if it was "just a gift" if that is the excuse for such things, then gifts can be refused, you do NOT have to accept that fancy rolex or $17000 iwatch.

In fact I reckon it would be immodest to accept it or even allow anyone to believe that you might accept it. You'd go out of your way to prevent anyone from imagining it was a suitable gift to give in the 1st place thus avoiding the possible situation and awkwardness all round if someone was to offer it.

if these are gifts then the ones accepting them have no shame and no ethics. If they are bought with their own money then they have no shame and no ethics. If they are rewards from corporate deals then they have no shame and no ethics.

There is no set of circumstances in which it is OK for a GB member to wear such items without looking like a complete sham.

So keep it up you gormless 7, you may wake a few more up that way.

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

G. Jackson:

What if an elderly sister (or brother) came to you to ask for assistance because of being destitute, not able to obtain a meal; what would your answer be? Would it be, "this is not my field," or, "we do not do this."

Flaunting your means of existence would suggest that you would not be too quick to help even these ones. Because if you were willing to help those in need, you would sell the watch and provide for needy ones. Instead, you wear the watch in public; meaning you intend to keep it for yourself.

If this is the case, then you should step down.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Totally agree with you WMF. Accepting such a gift as a memeber of the governing body shows a huge lack of modesty and good judgment. Wearing it when you KNOW your on camera is foolish and even more immodest
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

DesirousOfChange - "...he did make a hell of a lot better impression than the goofballs from Australia Bethel..."

That's a lot easier when you aren't scared of getting DFed for apostasy or lying to government legal reps 'cause you plan on leaving the country before they call you on it.

• antes8080
    antes8080

Jackson looks really bad wearing the watch.

I agree with the Spanish post. Why ask kids to donate two quarters and you don't think about donating 17,000 dollars. Couple weeks back the study watchtower. Talked about brothers and sisters around the world not having enough food. Then you have Mr Jackson wearing Apple watch costing more then many brothers make a year.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    maybe its just a fake---like his religion.
  • Magwitch
    Magwitch

I can't help but think of the years when I was broke as a pioneer.....Magnum

This is the reason these extravagances of the GB are so disturbing. I remember literally being hungry, and often all those years I regular pioneered. I was skin and bones soakin' wet because I wholeheartedly applied Matt 6:33.

What the hell was it all for?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

If it is really the case, that he is flaunting a $17k watch at a public hearing when the whole world is watching - that would be shocking and would surely "stumble" many hard up dubs. ...But, can we really be sure?

It is one thing to look at a tv screen "still" and see something suspiciously like it but another thing to have the evidence to indict a man.

I could be wrong but he does not look like a hi tech Apple watch type of man to me.....

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    And bluesbro, that was my thought as well! Why an apple watch....? But i have it on good authority that ipads are hugely in vouge at bethel now especially amongst the upper echelons. Perhaps it was a gift.... Whatever the case im convinced thats what it is....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit