Sing out the Kingdom songs!!!

by JNS2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• JNS2
    JNS2

Remember all the counsel to sing out the songs? That's great except so many of us couldn't sing our way out of a paper bag. I remember visiting a congregation in Colo. & a sister was really following the counsel, top of her lungs. she had an unbelievable (bad)

singing voice. I suppose the locals were used to it, but hearing that for the first time. OUCH. I can still cringe just thinking about it. I didn't follow that counsel, I KNEW I couldn't sing a lick.
  • YellowLab
    YellowLab

We used to have an elder who was a high school music teacher. He'd sit on the right side of the hall and purposely sing REALLY loud, but he would sing in harmony so it sounded like he was singing off key.

I still have the Kingdom songs on CD stashed somewhere in my basement. Bet those would bring back some memories!

YellowLab

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

WE'RE JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, WE SING OUT IN FEARLESSNESS. . . OURS IS THE GOD OF TRUE PROPHECY, WHAT HE FORTELLS COMES TO BE!

Now that I've subliminally put that little ditty in yoiur heads, good luck trying to fall asleep tonight.

• ugg
    ugg

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....too funny

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Remember this one...

"Though the scene of this world is now changing... our God is kindly arranging... all things to make us secure."

The one song I couldn't stand started out with "Naz-rites..." Can't remember which one that was.

Or do I really want to?

• Farkel
    Farkel

I've already made my humble contribution in this area:

A dub Tune

Farkel

• JNS2
    JNS2

Now THAT is a catchy little tune.....!

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

"Now did Noah reject his assignment, since he never had built arks before?"

That's still my favorite of all the excuses for lyrics in those rotten songs.

ig

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

LOL @ Farkel

Song # 32 in your songbooks. From House to House was one of the ones that sticks out in my head. Also # 195 "This is Jehovah's Day". I caught myself humming "We're Jehovah's Witnesses" in the car the other day. Cranked up some Limp Bizkit as loud as I could stand it inorder to drown it out.

• qwerty
    qwerty

Farkle

Fanks I think!

Just imagine burning a copy of the KM CD and replacing the origional with this one at KH. I'd love to be there when the meeting schedual includes this one.

Here is my contribution. Some of the lirics are a bit dodgy though! .........

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8081&site=3

Qwerty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit