re: lastest fuss on getting rid of inactives

by bay64me 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Been there
    Been there

All of this brings to mind the BERLIN WALL. You are on one side or the other. The ones on the outside don't want in, the ones on the inside can only escape. The wall is being guarded, by the threat of death. The only reason to get to the other side is for the loved ones. Even THE WALL came down.

• Scully
    Scully

Gopher wrote:

There is a cleanup going on, because they don't want "inactive" ones passing back critical / unfavorable information to their members. So if there are NO MORE "inactive" ones -- everyone either falling into the category of reactivated or Disassociated, then they get rid of the "inactive" problem (or so they think).

I think this works in reverse too: The WTS doesn't want information leaking out (letters, publications, "new light", etc) from the inside via "inactive" friends and relatives who have no intention of going back to meetings, but are trying to maintain relationships with active JWs. The WTS is more afraid of the internet than anything else, because it has time and time again, exposed them for what they are, and it comes straight from their own publications. They must think that if they get rid of all the potential leaks, they are going to be able to continue to operate with impunity.

Love, Scully

• JH
    JH

If inactive people go back, then even more information will be available on the net! They are playing a risky game here.

• Shakita
    Shakita
    If inactive people go back, then even more information will be available on the net! They are playing a risky game here.

They are good at playing games. You can betcha that they will be keeping an eye on those who do return to make sure that they will not contaminate the assimilated! I am sure that the inactive who are returning will still be viewed as "bad association" until the elders give the thumbs up on them. They take paranoid to a new level...........

Mrs. Shakita

• Satanus
    Satanus

Has the letter about cleaning out the inactives been posted anywhere? I believe someone said it came out in november of 2002. I would like to share this w some friends who may be affected. Thanks.

SS

• Shakita
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Shakita

Thanks, i emailed it to my friend.

SS

• rocky220
    rocky220

Show me where in the Bible it says,"THOU SHALT NOT SMOKE TOBACCO". It seems to me it is too petty a violation to be casting souls out of "God's true organization". Once again it's a case of the BLOTCHTOWER making up stuff as they go along and in foreseeing impending failure, are truly carrying out acts of desperation. Someday, somewhere, the madness will be so great that something is bound to snap in the minds of the "active" members, that something is not quite right here and that God is not this desperate,illogical and petty....and that the behaviour of the "Ruling Class" will finally get the scrutiny it has needed for a long time......rocky220

Edited by - rocky220 on 5 January 2003 9:29:35

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit