Question for Americans

by bay64me 11 Replies latest jw friends

• bay64me
    bay64me

I have just got the address of an old friend that moved to the States some time ago.

Is the name Frederick a town?

And do the letters MD, in the post code mean anything?

Thanks

Bay64me.

• Celia
    Celia

MD = the state of Maryland, and yes, Frederick would be a town.

• bay64me
    bay64me

Thanks celia.

Is Maryland a big place? Is it touristy, towny, arty, green?

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Frederick,md is about an hr and half from where i live. Maryland isnt a huge place but it does have its cool little places. The Inner Harbor in Baltimore is pretty cool. THen THere is Annapolis the capitol which is a nice quiet town.But by far the best place in Maryland(in my opinon)is Ocean City. The beach there is awesome. and they also have some pretty nice fishing.

• Celia
    Celia

I lived in Delaware when I first came to the US. Maryland is right next to it. I don't really remember... I remember driving around the countryside, stopping at antique shops... I remember how hot and muggy it was in the summer !

• freeman
    freeman

Yes Maryland is quite large. It is considered a suburb of Washington DC. Some areas are quite beautiful, other are not. It has farmlands, a large industrial harbor in Baltimore, as well as highly populated areas employing federal government workers (oxymoron unintended). Some of the more notable installations (at least to me) are the National Security Agency, located in Fort Mead MD, NASAs Goddard Space Flight Center located in Green Belt MD, and the University of Maryland. I lived and worked there for a number of years. Watch your speed as you drive through, the police are equipped with excellent radar/laser traffic speed enforcement equipment. Freeman

Edited by - freeman on 4 January 2003 8:43:19

• Shakita
    Shakita

You might want to check this out:

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/state/maryland.html

Mrs. Shakita

• bay64me
    bay64me

Thanks every one for your responses.

I got what I needed to know.

Bay64me.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Frederick MD, is a general physician just down the street from here.

• bay64me
    bay64me

ha ha ha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit