New light in new branch organxation book data protection

by poopie 17 Replies latest jw friends

• goingthruthemotions
  • EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    Horrible way to link, there is nothing under that title and about 100 downloadable files, how bout just linking the direct download link?
  • Splash
    Splash

Talk about being two faced and double tongued!!!!
    First it says that data correction and deletion can be granted (no doubt the clause they will repeat to anyone who asks about this), then the next two sections explain why this shouldn't be done!

63.a. "A data subject's right to the protection of personal and sensitive personal data and to the correction or deletion of personal and sensitive personal data is to be granted according to the practice of JW's as set forth in this policy".

63.c. "If a data subject requests access to, correction of, or deletion of personal data or sensitive personal data about himself, the organisation will fairly consider granting the request by balancing the interests of the individual [...] against the legitimate religious interests of the organisation [...]"

63.d. "The organisation has an interest in permanently retaining data regarding an individuals status as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. Deleting such information would unduly infringe on the organisations religious beliefs and practices."

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I believed in the U.K under the data protection act people were legally allowed to access this information. If I remember correctly we had to sign a piece of paper so the organisation could legally keep these records on us?

But of course not to sign that paper or to request the information, was opening oneself up to all sorts of trouble. So just to clarify my thinking can anyone answer:-

a) In the UK can I ask under " The data protection act " my records are deleted?

b) could I request a copy of the information the organisation holds on me, under " The data protection act?

The Rebel.

• Splash
    Splash

@The Rebel

Yes, in the UK you can do both of those things.
    If you think the Society will comply with either request then you are in for a surprise.

Clause 62.g. is something else that doesn't get mentioned when you're baptised:
    "[...] all of Jehovah's Witnesses have consented by virtue of their free and willing decision to become Jehovah's Witnesses and identify themselves as such."

Is that one of the baptism questions?
    "Do you agree that your personal data and any correspondence about you can be handled however the Society see's fit, retaining it forever and never allowing you to see it or remove it?"

"All say 'YES'!"

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks Splash, that's what I guessed.

The Rebel.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

So is that why they changed the baptism from " holly spirit" to " Gods spirit directed organisation" ?

And in my ignorance I thought.... Well whatever.

What a wonderful education the Internet is !!

off topic but which living people do YOU most despise?

A) The Governing body.

B) The Elders. ( Who know its bullshit)

C ) Watchtower Laywers ( who I doubt are even baptised, in Gods spirit directed organisation)

The Rebel.

• poopie
    poopie
    I wrote brooklyn a letter 5 yrs ago concerning data protection act of uk. I mentioned to them that if i were a uk citizen i could see and remove anything unproven bit since i was in u.s. i could not but you say organization is the same everywhere thats not true liars.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit