Presents for all from NY Bethel gift shop

by SixofNine 13 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Cruzan....

Six, I will club you like a baby seal if you post those dastardly POSTCARDS, they sell.

Lisa

Seen 117 Adams enough, Class

• Xena
    Xena

Hey I want my "My apostate friend went to Bethal and all I got was this Stinking teeshirt" shirt!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Shoot! Mary, you're right. I should'a read the package closer. These "No Eye will miss Him, Our Lord circa 1914" keychains aren't meant to actually be seen outside of WT land. Go ahead and unwrap your invisible presents everEbody.

Lisa, give my your addy and I'll send ya a NY postcard.

LOL, Xena, bethel could probably do good business in those.

Edited by - SixofNine on 3 January 2003 11:29:8

• AGuest
    AGuest

Hey, LisaGirl! Peace to you! How the heck are ya... and I'd like to comment on the postcard thing((Dear Six... peace you, too, and hope you don't mind, but LDH reminded me of something that made me... well, sick, almost literally...)

I remember a few years back when the announcement was made about the wonderful response from the Chilean "brothers and sisters" regarding the building of the new branch and Bethel home. If I recall correctly, the contribution total averaged $6.00 per publisher. This blew me away, for two (2) reasons:

1. The announcement went on the say that $6.00 was "twice the annual salary of the average Chilean" (they TOOK two (2) years salary from these poor folks to build a BRANCH??!!! ARGGGHHHH!) I was AGHAST... and I was even still "in" the Borg at the time, with no sight of leaving. When I heard it, it was like someone had punched me in the stomach. I mean, the "Society" didn't have enough of its own money to build that... without taking that much money from already truly destitute people? (Sigh...)... AND

2. The year before I left the Borg, I had the opportunity to view a postcard of the Chilean Bethel home entryway. And it was built of... (hang on to your stomachs, kids)... MARBLE AND MAHOGANY!!!! I kid you not. And they (the Borg) were SO proud of it! This time, I felt as if my stomach was being ripped out!

Truly, their little postcards *gag* me... as much as their books, their magazines, their real estate holdings (ever try to guestimate the value of the real estate in the center of the "Proclaimer's Book"? And that was over 10 years ago...)

Anyway...

Peace to you all!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit