Just who the hell is this Will Shakespeare?

by joannadandy 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• troucul
    troucul

I'm just glad I'm not in high school anymore so I don't have to read that crap. I feel bad for kids that have to read that. Sorry you Shakespeare lovers, I never liked his stuff.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Man, I loved Pericles and The Tempest, my two faves. Henry V is up there too.

The Kenneth Branaugh adaption puts some real life into the play, though. Good stuff.

ash

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

No I totally agree with most of you...to me it really doesn't matter who wrote it, it is pretty good stuff. I don't subscribe to the literary critique that you MUST take into an authors life in order to get a good reading of a work. That is a load of hooey in my mind. People read it and relate to it on a personal level, can knowing more about an author change that reading? Of course it can, but the orginal first reaction to it is so personal, and to me is what drives people to continue reading an author, not because of who that author is, but because what they write speaks to us on some personal or philosophical level.

The reason for my post was just to pass on a good bit of conversation, much as was stated earlier, nice dinner conversation, and as one "expert" said in the documentary, "It's in itself, a great story! And if it's true, it's a great sensational cover up."

It is a good story, it's fun to think of the bard as a puppet.

In fact I can't help but feel a little sorry for people who devote their whole lives to the study of Shakespeare authorship. Too me there are a lot more valuable things to be doing with that much intellectual creativity and effort.

Again, just saying it's a good show and dropped in some new "evidence" that's worth thinking about. If it means anything or not, I doubt it...just food for thought.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

By the way Stephanus, I disagree...quite a few people popped in to give there opinions. Of course this is the forum for it...maybe not for a landslide response, but I wasn't looking for that. I know a lot of people here are really smart and well read, so I was trying to get them to weigh in.

I personally would like it very much if you posted your thread about King Arthur. I don't know much about it, and have always wanted to learn more.

So post away...you never know who will respond and be able to contribute, or be interested in what you have to say...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit