Punk song: "Jehovahs Witness"

by 144thousand_and_one 7 Replies latest jw friends

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I just came across this song by a punk bank p/k/a "Blanks 77." It is entitled "Jehovahs Witness." I found a site with the lyrics:

"here they come knocking at my door don't wanna hear it, can't take it no more i'm still sleeping, can't you see jehovahs witness, bothering me we don't want no pamphlets no donation from me, you brainwashed tons o' people but you'll never fool me get your hand outta the collection plate! save that for the god you create! chapels are made of silver and gold your teaching is a scam for the money you hold why can't people just think for themselves organized religion's a joke believe what they say, don't question the word i can't take it no more! you drink his blood and eat his flesh sounds pretty sick to me why don't you just shut your mouth why don't you just let me be!"

They have (or had as one site stated they broke up?) the 80's sound and a nice energetic feel. Check them out!

• Dizzy Cat
    Dizzy Cat

To be honest, it sounds like illiterate cack, like 70% of the punk releases.

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Didn't the Eels do a song called Jehovah's Witness too?

Ignored One.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Here it is. I didn't know the track of the band but the "sound" takes me back 😂 Im a big MC5 fan, Iggy etc and all the bands that followed, so I was fascinated by this post & had to check it out!

https://youtu.be/xX5WoI18EHw

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dodgy Knees. MC5 were a support band for Alice Cooper when we went to see him in Birmingham a few years back. Got there late and missed them. I think it's only 1 bloke left now.

Instead we had to sit thru' the Stranglers who were boring. Although, a geezer next to me was dancing in his chair to them, spilling his beer on me. We got talking, he wasn't a bad bloke, just 'as a newt'.

Anyway, the lyrics in the OP remind me of the Monkees theme......

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what a fuckin din.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Punky Oh I love Alice, too. Under my wheels, I'm Eighteen, Billion Dollar babies....☺️

MC5 I think there's been over 20 members at one point or another....!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Stan the man what a fuckin din.

You can't deny those lyrics though!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit