Should jws eat chocolate/honey/croissant/scallo.

by badboy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ps.

Chocolate made from from cocoa beans which comes from the theobroma cacao,theobroma means food of the gods.

Honey comes from nectar,also a food of the gods in the greek gods scheme

Should jws eat chocolate or honey because of the pagan connections?

Croissants R connected with the siege of Vienna,should jws violate their pacifist principals by eating croissants?

Finally,but not least Scallops R connected with st Jacques/James,Should a jw there4 eat Scallops?

• ISP
    ISP

If eating any of those items caused offense somewhere in some culture I am pretty certain dubs would be encouraged not to eat them. So await the Asleep Awake article. Like Cappucino coffee?

You shouldn't!

ISP

• Matty
    Matty

I've heard about the Croissants thing, some witnesses not buying them because they are a symbol of Islam. It's the same kinda thing with hot cross buns!

• ISP
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

Should JW's eat mussels?

After all, they LOOK like little tiny female genitalia.

Surely a true Christian would avoid association with un-natural practises, like oral sex, by shunning food that can lead to impure thought?

• ISP
    ISP

What about meat....its a bit of a mute point....but dubs should not eat meat. Granted it has been slaughtered and 'bled' but so what it still has blood in it. Eating meat is not 'abstaining from blood'. Don't forget the WTS won't let you have blood transfusion of plasma which is 95% water and 5% blood fractions in any circumstance.

ISP

• rocky220
    rocky220

What is your point?.....

• blondie
    blondie

badboy, if you get between me and my chocolate, God will be the least of your worries!

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

lots of things R OF PAGAN ORIGIN, that the point,CU later,alligators,I am going 2 b thrown off this in a moment because it is closing time!

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Should JWs eat FAT?

Lev. 3:17b :

"You must not eat any fat or any blood at all." (NWT)

Spanner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit