Know any female jw child molesters?

by avishai 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• avishai
    avishai

I was reading an article in "Jane" magazine today that talks about women child molesters. It said up to 40% of molestations may be done by women, it's just that its far more underreported than males. So, anyone know of any jw women molesters? I know of one. Please excuse me if this letter sounds cavalier, it's not intended to, I'm just gathering information.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yes, this does sound a bit confronting. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why this info is being gathered?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Whuts it to ya?

Edited by - SPAZnik on 1 January 2003 5:43:17

• wednesday
    wednesday

post removed by wednesday

Edited by - wednesday on 1 January 2003 11:20:47

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Yes, this does sound a bit confronting. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to why this info is being gathered?

????

Does it really matter?

I don't see a problem with gathering this information, no matter what the reason, perhaps avishi is just plain curious.

• ISP
    ISP

I don't know of any female molestors.

Not sure its a big deal in the WTS. Maybe more so in female dominated environments.

ISP

• Swan
    Swan

Yes.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Yes, I know of one female JW abuser. My mother. But she's dead. There is a God.

Scully

From what you describe I agree that it is uncertain if she intended to terrorize your brother. At the very least she was unaware and/or ignored other people's boundaries. She certainly sounds self-centered enough to not care of the impact on others. You probably have more insight on this than me, but it seems to me as if many females abuse in different ways than males. I don't know if I can find the right words or not, but it seems as if they hurt more on an emotional level than males; it also seems as if the abuse causes more confusion in the victim than it does when by a male. I'm probably over-generalizing, but I'm tired and it's been a long day.

• avishai
    avishai

I write this, ozzie post, as some of the post show, because in a lot of ways this subject is still as taboo as child molesting was thirty years ago, it's just not talked about. And, women generally get off very light, usually w/ years of therapy as a sentence, if any sentence at all.

Here is a good article on female sexual abuse.http://http://movingforward.org/v2n6-cover.html

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

I knew one, she molested my brother (7years older than him - he was 6-12 at the time) She was being molested by her step-father during this time (we found out later)

closer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit