Are THEY Dead Yet?

by TuningFork 2 Replies latest jw friends

• TuningFork
    TuningFork

Dear ones of the forum,

I just thought I would pass this bit of trivia along and see if anyone else had heard anything like this. This was passed on to me from an XJW in Virginia. She received it from an X who is a friend of the JW who said this..... anyway....

The message was is that the JW's are to go door to door now and knock. When no one answers they are to believe that the household inside are dead.

Have any of you heard any such nonsense? My comment was, "Well, we've (the household) have raptured and you (JW's knocking) are still knocking." *GRIN*

They (the organization) are still scaring them to stay within the convines of the barracaded walls that they have put up SO HIGH so as to protect their loved ones, ie cult. Sad.

We cannot change them, only the way we react to them. They are the ones that will change themselves when push comes to shove. I wish them love and compassion and will accept them back into my life when changes occur.

TuningFork

Edited by - TuningFork on 1 January 2003 16:2:37

• sOOner
    sOOner

BITE BITE BITE IM BITING,give it time,the worm hasn't been swimming around enough...it's a brand NEW DAY.

Love,

sOOner

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi There,

Well, suppose they just weren't home, or were taking a shower, or just unavailable, would they be considered "dead" as well.

It does sound rather odd to me, although there are threads on here that mention a "sweep" so to speak of JW's searching out folks that have been "gone" for many years. Just to give them "one more chance".

Perhaps they are thinking of abandoning the door to door evangilizing, and turning it into a door to door proclamation, "you are going to die now because you aren't one of us". If they believe that the "truth" they have to preach has reached the entire earthly population, then it's not too weird to believe they would do something radical.

By the way, just a suggestion. You might wish to consider posting to Friends, so that you will become familiar. That's probably why you aren't getting too many responses. Other than that, it's probably the New Year hangovers keeping posters from being on here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit