Jehovah's Witnesses appeal to UK charity tribunal against regulator's statutory inquiry

by Stealth 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Stealth
    Stealth

However, they may have missed their window for the appeal being 6 months after the commission said they would investigate them last June. 

http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/jehovahs-witnesses-appeal-charity-tribunal-against-regulators-statutory-inquiry/governance/article/1328401

• Phizzy
    Phizzy
    Every time they step into the Legal Arena they show that they are totally inept.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Let me get this straight... the UK WT reps are appealing (i.e. objecting to) an inquiry into the validity of their own "charitable" status?

Any genuine charity with two brain cells to rub together would accept the investigation and cooperate with it.

The fact that the WTS doesn't want the Charity Commission to investigate whether or not they are actually producing charitable works suggests (correctly, IMO) that they don't actually produce any charitable works whilst nevertheless enjoying all the legal advantages of the designation.

• Simon
    Simon
    Yeah, any genuine charity would welcome the chance to show what they do and how the operate. The only wants that want to operate in secret are typically scammers. The only reason the WTS wants to be a charity is it helps them avoid paying tax. Beyond that they do no charitable work in any community.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Teaching others about God's Kingdom and the paradise to come is the GREATEST charitable work that anyone can participate in.  

DD

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Registering as a charity is not a requirement to proclaim gods kingdom .
  • William Penwell
    William Penwell
    There are a lot of charitable organizations out there that shouldn't be. The only thing the WT does is distribute literature and I don't see that as charitable works.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

Documents relating to the Appeal by Watchtower and Jehovah's Witnesses are available at JW LEAKS:

http://jwleaks.org/2015/01/09/jehovahs-witnesses-investigated-by-charity-commission/

• maisha
    maisha

HI All, 

I was reading here  that the appeal had been dismissed by the judge - WATCH TOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY OF BRITAIN) v CHARITY COMMISSION, 12 December 2014 the Court had no jurisdiction to seek judicial review of  the Charity Commission’s decision to launch an inquiry and make a production order concerning the Jehovah’s Witnesses charity because the Charities Act 2011 provided for appropriate statutory remedies that the charity should pursue first.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.org/jehovahs-witness-info-blog/jehovahs-witnesses-in-the-news/

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I'm sure if the Borg loses its status they will just tell the rank and file to do some minor charity work so they can get their status back. Of course the members will have to pay out of pocket themselves no way the Borg going to pay for some charity, hell no!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit