Jehovah's Witness Leader: There's a 'Spiritual Dilemma' in Reporting Sexual Abuse

by defender of truth 13 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

Oogie said: I love reading all the comments on sites like that.

One of the comments from the above article (from Stephocles) stated very well how JWs bring this spiritual dilemma upon themselves by treating child abuse as a SIN instead of a CRIME. Treating this as a sin allows them to forgive the pedophile and even eventually appointing him as an elder.

Stephocles commented: It’s disgusting that so many church people choose to believe that these issues can be settled with counseling and prayer.
    Turns my stomach.

As if a survivor’s life is some kind of learning experience on a perv adult’s “faith journey.”

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Defender of the truth. I`m beginning to think that the money that they tell us is going to help our brothers & sisters is a lie aswell. I know I believed it cause they said so. The reality is I have no prove. Does anybody else?
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    One of the comments from the above article (from Stephocles) stated very well how JWs bring this spiritual dilemma upon themselves by treating child abuse as a SIN instead of a CRIME

Good point Dumplin, that is their problem. They stubbornly chose to treat this just like any other sexual sin, despite a mountain of evidence that people who have had sex with children will almost always continue to prefer to have sex with children. While it's possible that they can refrain from doing so, it's not at all a good bet, and pretending otherwise has disastrous consequences.

Instead they seem to engage in magical thinking, that everything will be OK because three elders, who have no special training or knowledge of pedophilia, decided this person has repented and is not a danger.

• geevee
    geevee

For an organization that claim to speak for god, even though he doesn't actually speak through or even to them [as they say, they are not...NOT divinely inspired] yet their word is as the word of god, they have been caught well and truly on the back foot, and even though they know it and have known it for 10 to 15 years or more, they refuse to get up to speed on this issue, even though the so called false religions of the world who are supposedly guided by satan are way out in front and will apologize and compensate and pay for proper psychiatric care fro victims.... The leadership duck and dodge and throw up smoke screens and will only move IF it becomes law here in Australia.

So bloody woeful.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit