CONGREGATION SPLITS

by hamptonite21 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I went thru 2 splits in a 15 year period. I had always attended a spanish speaking congregation, so the increase was due to 1) immigration and 2) large families moving in.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never did. As soon as we ever got big, some families would move out and we'd go back down again. Overall , the rate of growth was never great enough to cause splitting like an anoeba.

Once, I just missed an amalgamation of two congs, one had a good hall and few people the other had people and no hall - so that was a reduction in the numbers of congs. As far as I know they are still one .

With a one percent increase this year in Britain - I can't see too many happening .

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

I was involved in one.

• stichione
    stichione

I was involved also in one. Strangely enough, the two congregations had to be merged again after about 3 years due to fade-aways and move-aways.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Never, in 30 years in the borg.

• wednesday
    wednesday

altogether, probaly 6-8 splits. One split, all the popular people went to one cong. and left the rest of us duds. Eldes just announced where they were going and it did not matter what side of the geographial line they lived on.One elder lived in one territory and attened another cong. b/c he made it openly known he did not feel that particular cong had jehovahs spirit.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Well put, JH . . . . I think you hit the nail on the head with your post. I could not have said it better myself!!!

Sis,

ESTEE

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Twice. They do it so often now, that they're gonna have to learn how to split atoms eventually.

In both splits, it just chopped the hall in half, and it wasn't because of any increase. Must be in line with keeping a strangehold on the 'brothers'.

ash

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

I was in only one split, and that was in 1965. Left in 1984 so I don't know if the congregations have made any more splits.

Athanasius

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I've been through 3. All in within 5 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit