Famous Jw's??

by Rip76 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Rip76
    Rip76

How many famous Jw's are there??? Musicians, actors, sports figures...etc..

I remember George Benson, Larry Graham (bass player for Sly and the Family Stone) and Van Morrison being Jw's...

Anymore?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Here's a few from another thread (most names supplied by the poster named "freedom96"}:

Michael Jackson (da'd)

Prince (the artist)

Tennis sisters Venus and Serena Williams (and their mama Oracene)

Damon Wayons (df'd)

Eddie Murphy's wife

Mickey Spillane (mystery writer)

Former Milwaukee Buck player Dave Meyer (basketball)

Former Detroit Tiger Chet Lemon (baseball)

Former Edmonton Oiler Tom Edur (hockey)

Actress Teresa Graves ("Laugh-In", "Get Christy Love" -- recently died in a house fire)

Edited by - Gopher on 30 December 2002 10:11:29

• Ed
    Ed

also Hank Marvin (The Shadows lead guitarist)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Tommy Reynolds from Hamilton Joe Frank & Reynolds ("Don't Take Your Love"). He was a pretty cool guy, originally from St. Croix (which explains why the group had really good rhythm when he was with them). Went to the Dallas Love Field congregation for a while and then I think moved to Florida. Might still be there.

Nina

• moana
    moana

David Clayton-Thomas from Blood, Sweat & tears. Actually I sat next to him once at an assembly.

• ITguy
    ITguy

Another Former Detroit Tiger, Lou Whitaker

• Patriot
    Patriot

Damn!! Serena!!

Hope she does'nt wear this to the KH!

• happyout
    happyout

I have to disagree with some of the names submitted. Prince was never baptized, and never actually declared himself a dub. He did study with Larry Graham, as did Chaka Khan. Also, the Williams sisters, from what I hear, may call themselves witnesses, but they don't go to meetings on a regular basis, nor do they go out in service. I have actually been curious as to what the WTS says about these people, since back when I was "in" you could not play competitive sports (I don't remember which scripture this was based on), and have any congregational privileges or be in good standing in the congregation. I know Larry Graham personally, and he is definitely dedicated, as is Wilton Felder (from the Crusaders or the Jazz Crusaders). Also, Philip Ingram (from a very old group called "Switch") who is James Ingram's brother.

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Bill Joels family are Jdubs here on Longisland. His sister and neice, he has studied on and off for years.

Selina ( the spanish musician who was killed by a fan.)

Drew Scott, Eyewitness news channel 7 NY

• freedom96
    freedom96

Hamptonite21-

I have heard about Billy Joel's family on another thread. You mentioned he has studied on and off. Any more details on that? I am a fan of his, and find it curious if he really had studied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit