Our inheritance is going to WTS

by wednesday 30 Replies latest jw friends

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Things like that make me so angry. (((Wednesday))) As outrageous as it is, hopefully your husband will learn from this experience and get a glimpse into the reality of the WTBTS.

• Skeptically Yours
    Skeptically Yours

Francois,

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! They rake in that much money???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never looked into it really.

Now I'll feel even less guilt for not contributing more. Thanks for the info!

Take care!

• mustang
    mustang

WTS = ScamWay with a Bible

Mustang

• ugg
    ugg

makes me furious just reading this....it is so awful!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((( wednesday)))))))))))))))))

• JH
    JH

When you consider that the Watchtower made over 951$ million last year, they sound a little greedy to me

http://www.newsday.com/business/ny-biz-nytop100private.story

• Navigator
    Navigator

Since my wife is a JW and I might go before she does, I set up a Living Trust in order to make sure that she can't disinherit my kids. Besides, she knows that I would come back to haunt her if she tried to leave the estate to the WTS.

• Scully
    Scully

JH:

They've been using that $951 million annual revenue figure for a long long time. I remember seeing a Dunn & Bradstreet report around 1995 or 1996 that used the same figure. And another figure for 1999 or 2000 that used the $951 million figure.

It would be really interesting to have an independent audit done on their books. There's no way the same number should be popping up year after year after year. It's just too much of a coincidence.

Maybe the number 951 million has some prophetic significance.

Love, Scully

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

This is an issue that always made me so sick they KNOW that there are children and evern wives etc. being left with nothing but the dub's show their "great love" by raking it in. Hey I bet they could give Benny Hinn a tip or two. YUCKKKKKKKKK

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Sorry to hear that, Wednesday:(

It reminds me of the time I went out in service with a very well to do brother. The householder was an old friend of his from back when he had been disfellowshipped for smoking. He told the guy that his kids weren't getting a cent of his money-it was all going to the WTS when he died. Never mind the fact that his "disobedient" children had had to suffer along with him when he was df'd, and chose not to return when he was reinstated years later, or the fact that he had all of "his" savings because his children had helped him run two successful businesses.

But I do have to thank him, because that incident was one of the things that started to make me question:)

• JH
    JH

Scully,

If 6 million J.W.'s give 20$ a month, to buy books magazines, contribusion boxes, then that makes 120$ a year multiplied by 6million people. That alone makes 720million a year. I don't have all the numbers, but they must have alot more than we think. Just think of all the money given to them when poeple die.

Take a look at this. It's a recent figure. Same amount as before

http://www.newsday.com/business/printedition/ny-cvtop52369349sep17.story?coll=ny%2Dbusiness%2Dprint

Edited by - jh on 29 December 2002 19:25:4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit