Pétition électronique pour Rémi

by chasson 12 Replies latest jw friends

• chasson
    chasson

Rémi 21 ans, atteint de leucémie froudoyante a besoin d'une transfusion pour
    être traîté par chimiothérapie. Si il acceptait ce traitement il aurait 70 à
    75 % de chance de survivre en refusant la transfusion, à moins d'un miracle,
    il n'a pratiquement aucune chance.

Rémi est Témoin de Jéhovah, et l'enseignement de sa religion, interdit les
    transfusions. Les Témoins de Jéhovah posent comme condition pour être reconnu
    comme Témoin de Jéhovah de refuser toutes transfusions sous peine d'exclusion.
    Ils diabolisent leurs opposants et déconseillent formellement à leurs adeptes
    de lire les écrits de ces opposants qu'ils prétendent inspirés par le diable.

Si Rémi avait eu accès à l'information sans aucune pression de la part de son
    mouvement, il aurait pu découvrir que le refus de transfusions de sang n'est
    pas biblique:

http://www.jwbloodreview.org/FrenchJWbloodreview.html
    http://www.chez.com/tjrecherches/lettres.htm

Malheureusement, la diabolisation de l'extérieur et particulièrement des
    "apostats" n'a pas permis à Rémi de faire un choix en toute connaissance de
    cause. D'autre part l'insistance de son mouvement sur les techniques non
    transfusionnelles qui sont efficaces dans certains cas, et l'absence
    d'information de ce même mouvement des cas ou la transfusion est nécessaire
    aggrave la chose.

Son père inquiet , voulant seulement la survie de son fils, a contacté
    l'ADFI et se retrouve impuissant puisque son fils est majeur. Cette pétition
    a pour but d'informer le premier ministre des conséquences que l'enseignement
    des Témoins de Jéhovah produit, ainsi que pour exiger que les instances
    dirigeantes du mouvement des Témoins de Jéhovah informent leurs adeptes que
    dans certaines circonstances les transfusions de sang sont nécessaires pour la
    survie.

Vous pouvez agir en signant la pétition electronique: [email protected]
    Indiquez votre nom, prénom et adresse, et écrivez un court texte de soutien au
    Père de Rémi votre mail sera ensuite envoyer à la Mission Interministerielle de
    Lutte contre les Sectes.

Merci d'avance.

Bye

Charles

• logical
    logical

Do you speak English? // Parlez-vous anglais?

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Although I speak French unfortunately I don’t read and write it. My grandparents who raised me were illiterate and the area I’m from frowned on people speaking French back then. However I am able to make out some of what he is saying. I’ll give you the gist of it until someone more versed in the written language can translate correctly for us.

Remi needs a transfusion in order to receive chemo. With the treatment he has a 70% to 75% of survival and without the treatment short of a miracle he would have no chance.
    Remi is a Witness. Witnesses must refuse transfusions if they are to remain as such regardless of the consequenes. They do not allow their followers to read opposing material which they say is from the devil. (very rough).

If Remi had access to information without sanctions from his religion he would discover that refusing a blood transfusion is not Biblical.

Unfortunately the prohibition of reading ‘outside’ material, particularly that of the ‘apostates’ does not permit Remi from making an informed choice. His religion’s insistence on certain techniques (like on the dpa) short of a transfusion along with the failure of this religion to provide information about the necessity of transfusions in some case to save lives makes it more difficult for Remi to make his choice.
    His father who very definitely wants his son to live has contacted (? Not sure of what this is) The rest is rather cloudy to me but it appears that the father has initiated a petition to provide information about this doctrine or stand that the Witnesses have and to push for a change that would allow it’s members to receive transfusions that are necessary for the survival of the person.

You can sign the petition electronically (Link given). Give your name and address. There’s something about writing to Remi’s father at the place cited at the end.

Thank you in advance.

CAUTION: This is very rough. Sorry I could not be more accurate.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• logical
    logical

Heres a translation for you:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Remi 21 years, reached leukaemia froudoyante needs a transfusion to be traity by chemotherapy. If it accepted this processing it would have 70 to 75 % of chance to survive by refusing the transfusion, with less than one miracle, it does not have practically any chance.

Remi is Témoin of Jéhovah, and the teaching of his religion, prohibited the transfusions. The Witnesses of Jéhovah pose like condition to be recognized like Témoin of Jéhovah to refuse all transfusions under penalty of exclusion. They diabolisent their opponents and formally disadvise to their followers reading the writings of these opponents who they claim inspired by the devil.

If Remi had had access to information without any pressure on behalf of his movement, it could have discovered that the refusal of transfusions of blood is not biblical:

Unfortunately, the diabolisation of outside and particularly of the " apostates " did not make it possible to Remi to make a choice in all knowledge of cause. In addition the insistence of its movement on the nontransfusionnelles techniques which are effective in certain cases, and the absence of information of this same movement of the cases or the transfusion is necessary worsens the thing.

His/her anxious father, wanting only the survival of his son, contacted the ADFI and finds himself impotent since his/her son is major. The purpose of this petition is to inform the Prime Minister of the consequences that teaching of the Witnesses of produced Jéhovah, as to require that the leading authorities of the movement of the Witnesses of Jéhovah inform their followers that in certain circumstances the transfusions of blood are necessary for survival.

You can act by signing the electronic petition: [email protected] Indicate your name, first name and addresses, and write a short text of support for the Father of Remi your mall will be then to send to the Mission Interministerielle de Lutte against the Sects.

Thank you in advance.

• logical
    logical

I would like to add, that the above post does not contain my views on blood.

I believe blood is to be avoided at all costs, including organ transplants that contain blood, not even the use of the tiniest fraction.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thanks, logical.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Hemopure?

Not my choice, but an option?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Or here's another translation:

Twenty-one year old, Remi, who suffers from [a certain form of] leukemia needs a transfusion in order to be treated with chemotherapy. If he were to accept such treatement, he would have a 70-75% chance of survival, by refusing the transfusion, barring a miracle, he has practically no chance at all.

Remi is one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the teaching of his religion forbids blood transfusions. Jehovah's Witnesses require, as a condition of being recognized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, that one refuse all transfusions or be excommunicated. They villify their opponents and formally prohibit their members from reading anything written by their opponents which they view as being inspired by Satan.

If Remi had had access to information without any pressure from his movement, he could have discovered that the refusal of blood transfusions is not biblical:

Unfortunately, the demonization of the outside and particularly "apostates" did not allow Remi to make an informed choice weighing all options. In addition, the insistance of his movement on non-blood management which are efficacious in some cases, and the absence of information from this same movement on cases where transfusion is necessary aggravates things.

His upset father, wanting only the survival of his son, has contacted the ADFI (Association....) and has no recourse because his son is of legal age. This petition's purpose is to make the Prime Minister aware of the consequences this teaching of Jehovah's Witnesses produces, as well as to demand that the current directors of the Jehovah's Witnesses movement make known to their members that in certain circumstances blood transfusion are necessary for survival.

You can help by signing the electronic petition found at:
    [email protected]
    Indicate your first and last names and address, and write a short note supporting Remi's father. Your comments will then be forwarded to the Interministerial Mission for the Fight Against Sects.

Thanking you in advance"

I wrote to Charles asking what the ADFI is, but haven't gotten a response yet. I'm thinking it's some sort of social agency that would normally protect children from themselves or others, but that's conjecture on my part.

Hope this helps.
    outnfree

• TR
    TR

logical,

those french to english translators are cool, huh? http://www.freetranslation.com/

TR

• outnfree
    outnfree

You mean we did all that head scratchin' for nothing, TR?
    COOL site!
    Thanks for letting us all in on it.

outnfree

PS I'll let Charles know about it, too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit