JW Catch Phrases

by pr_capone 35 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

sheeps and goats... oh wait... they dont say that anymore.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

"You should do - - -" (as in more service . . . . MORE!. . . . MORE!!)

"You ought to do - - -" (as in read your bible from cover to cover - - - for the rest of your jw life)

"You are supposed to - - -" (as in attending all the weekly meetings, no excuses or exemptions)

"The elders said to - - -" (just about anything, I knew an elder once who told my son he could not wear colored shirts to the meetings . . . only white ones. . . .)

"You can't - - - -" (as in limiting one's potential thus keeping people co-dependent on the organization)

ESTEE

• heathen
    heathen

materialistic, spiritually challenged, unbaptized publisher,book study,theocratic warfare,spiritual food at the proper time ,new light ,old light ,123 . apostates

• Tyler_Durden
    Tyler_Durden

the World Empire of False Religion!

who else groaned whenever that gem was uttered?

I hated the expression so much, it was barred from my house haha

I'd ask my friends, what's wrong with rewording it as the Global Gonglomerate of Fake Belief Systems, isn't that more accurate AND it stops us sounding like drones? I guess so they would mumble...

but what the hey! I guess my goat like attitude finally did prove I have no appreciation for spiritual things, that I'd rather be here with you guys than feast at Jehovah's table (it's now sunday morning in rainy scotland!), that I've lost my spiritual hunger etc etc

Tyler

• Tyler_Durden
    Tyler_Durden

oops! gonglomerate = conglomerate

Tyler

• Gopher
    Gopher

One foot in the world and one foot in the "truth".

Immorality (meaning sexual misconduct, AS IF there were no other things a person could make moral decisions about....duh!)

Wait on Jehovah

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

My fave jw catch phrase:

Brother Horton.

(reference to coffee break at Tim Horton's doughnut shop)

SPAZ

• dmouse
    dmouse

Using special buzz words is a recognised technique for controlling groups of people.

By using words which have special subliminal meanings to a select audience, the writer can powerfully suggest things without actually saying it. Also, a whole set of behavioural systems can be enforced with just a few words.

For an up to date example of this from the latest Watchtower see my post here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=43379&page=1&site=3#605854

• Farkel
  • larc
    larc

Since we are on the subject of JW words, I just brought back and old thread, "JW dictionary". I hope you enjoy it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit