"I am Happy to be Controlled" - Edinburgh Elder on Cult Cart

by cofty 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    punkofnice2 hours agoHe isn't really. He's just protecting the cult leaders. Either that, or you found a truly wicked person.

Or perhaps the perfect robot....

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi 88JM - We were up for the weekend but back at work now. We pop up to Edinburgh fairly frequently so I will give you a shout next time.
  • 88JM
    88JM
    No problem - glad you had a good time.
  • wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Nice job cofty

they will outwardly scoff you, but deep down they will think about your points and at least how crazy the JWs "look" to outsiders

well done

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

You seem to have a lot of patience,Cofty.Not many would be willing to make so much of an effort to debate JW's.Keep up the good work.

Bangalore

• Calebs Airplane
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Well done, Cofty.

They were in full cult-mode but perhaps something will give them pause in the future to consider what we talked about - not only that but also members of the public hearing your conversation will get a warning about the WTS.

IMO it is always worth making the effort if you can spare the time - that's a good sentiment.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    well done
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback
    You're kidding. Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland? Ooops, my bad. Sorry
  • tornapart
    tornapart

Think my husband might be more along the lines of elder no,1 I asked him what he'd do if he had to deal with a child abuse case and he said he'd contact the branch but I asked him what if the branch gave him conflicting advice to what his conscience was telling him and he felt he should report it. He told me he'd go along with his conscience and ignore what the branch told him, He was terribly uncomfortable with what I told him about the commission.

Glad you got some thoughts planted Cofty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit