Hello to all of you...

by ExpandedMind 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Hi!

I've been visiting this website for months and decided it's time for me to say hello to all of you... so "Hi!"

I have been away from the WTS for a while, but lately have felt a need to get in touch with others who have travelled the same path. Until relatively recently, I thought that all was "well" (relatively speaking) in the organization, but have found it facinating to read the comments of those who are still associated with the WTS and how they are dealing with it. With sites like this they can work through what they are dealing with and make more educated decisions. If only I had had this resource when I left! This site, as well as others (Freeminds, Mind Shadows, E-Watchman and others) gave me a glimmer of hope that just maybe there will be changes to certain doctrines of the Watchtower, especially to the WTS's shunning practices.

And because I have family and friends still associated, it has given be a little more hope that, if these changes happen, I just possibly might again have a relationship with them.

Thanks for the interesting information and the laughs. Some of you are hysterical!

Looking forward to getting to know you!

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Truth2Me
    Truth2Me

Hi ExpandedMind!

Welcome to the forum!

Much healing and happiness to you.

Truth

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Welcome. :)

• Mum
    Mum

Hi, Expanded. Welcome!

How long have you been away from the org? I have been out since 1979. I was fortunate enough to have had a pre-dub life and very few JW relatives. I hope you will be able to build some bridges back to your family and that they will see the light with you.

It's great to be looking forward to retirement with some sense that one is prepared, to be able to have further goals as to education, travel, family time, and the other delights of being free.

Again, Welcome!

SandraC

• freedom96
    freedom96

Welcome to the site!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Hello and welcome... I am a new guy around here myself. In the week I've been here I have been greatly encouraged in knowing and seeing that sooo many people felt as I did. Kick back, pull up a chair and chat!

Eric

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

Welcome!

• Francois
    Francois

Yes, welcome. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

francois

• gumby
    gumby

Hey EM,

It's getting harder to keep up with all the new ones.....but it's so nice to have you! Welcome.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Welcome - glad to meet ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit