What is the worst.....?

by teenyuck 29 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Name you could call an old, bitter, hateful, ungrateful, sour woman? I need some options when I next speak to my mother-in-law...

• Realist
    Realist

why would you want to talk to such a person at all?

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Mam...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Old Battle Ax

• Inkie
    Inkie

Teenyuck: I wouldn't necessarily go for calling someone names. That would make you . . . well, let's just leave it at that. You've heard the expression if you can't beat 'em, join 'em? Well . . . I don't think you'd want to 'join 'em.') The best scenario would probably be to tell them exactly what you yourself just stated. "You are an old, bitter, hateful, ungrateful, sour woman," and leave it at that. That, in and of itself, will in all likelihood stop her dead in her tracks with her mouth agape (and I don't mean a-ga-pe). Having said that, turn you back and walk out, and do not return.

--Inkie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

1. I have such words, but they shall not be spoken here...
  • SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Teen,

when I next speak to my mother-in-law...

You obviously have a storm brewing with the poor woman. Sort the problem out first, I would say!

Spanner

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

WIFEY...Just kidding my wife is a great women even if she is still a dub.

• riz
    riz

sea hag

• herself
    herself

Wouldn't you rather do what is best for yourself and family? The thing you can do to look good in contast to her is to not drop to her level, but to smile at her and tell her, firmly, but kindly, that you don't agree and won't accept that you deserve bad treatment from anyone, including family members. Or whatever the problem is.

My MIL spent many years trying to discredit me, trying to ruin my marriage. She was the MIL from hell. She was cruel and hateful to me, never giving me an inch. I fought back and made myself look bad when I was young. As I aged, I didn't want to fight anymore, didn't want to deal with it, so I started staying away. That enraged her even more, believe it or not. I believe that I was the person she was using as her whipping boy. If she was mad at anyone, she'd turn that anger on me, her son's wife.

When I wouldn't accept the treatment any more, she went on the offensive just horribly. But I found I just didn't care anymore. My husband didn't like her behavior, because she was trying to talk him into leaving me. So, he stayed away too, which made it even worse in that her gossip became horrible, just horrible.

She was the MIL from hell and created more bad memories for our children than she did good. None of them remember her fondly.

So, my advice. Remain cool and aloof and let her hang herself with her own behavior. Believe me, that will be far "worse" for her than if you fight back. People who are constantly brewing up fights just hate it when the object of their hatred won't fight. Drives 'em nuts.

H.S.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit