Your favorite DA letter?

by Smiles 5 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smiles
    Smiles

Who wrote your favorite Disassociation letter?

Many great DA letters have been written. Some persons have chosen to share their DA letter with us on this website or other websites. That takes courage on their part.

I applaud those individuals for putting it all straight out on the table for all to see, right in the face of those arrogant, unloving, heartless WT hierarchy.

So, who wrote your favorite Disassociation letter?

And what made it your favorite?

My favorite is the DA letter written by "LB" who is a member of this forum.

Especially the part where he says:

"But Frank, if my son is ever given an ounce of crap for speaking to me after you receiving this letter I am going to drag you into court. Count on that. Not the society, not the congregation, not Jehovah God, YOU. I hold my relationship with my son to be very important. Any loss of affection resulting from this will be costly to you. If a judicial committee is formed I will include them in separate lawsuits if I lose the affection of my son."

That man loves his son! And he puts it straight to that elder "Frank".

If you have not read this DA letter, you should. It is a good one.

Excellent DA letter "LB"!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Well, of course, my favorite one is my own.

Mine was written out in long-hand back in '81, so I don't have a copy of it. I wrote one to the local congregation and asked them to post it on the bulletin board, and one to the headquarters. It felt really good to openly tell them what was in my heart. I wanted them to know the real reasons why I was inactive. Still the rumors and lies persisted, (instigated mostly by my own mother, because I had really become an embarrassment to her.) that I was officially an apostate because I had too many questions for a good little obedient drone JW. I was told my letter was of course not posted on the bulletin board, and no one ever acknowledged that I'd sent it.

They left me entirely alone for about six months--no calls no visits. Nada. Then about five elders came to my door one day and I gladly met them on my porch for "their enlightenment class". Guess who was crying and more disturbed when they left?? Not me. They knew the unfairness and the unloving nature of the whole thing. I was not df'd by them. In fact, they said I was always welcome. On that day, I knew I was on the right road forward, and would never turn back. They were sadly "stuck". I was free. They knew I was free......

• LB
    LB

Well thank you Smiles. My DA letter is a very simple one compared to many others written by users here.

Oh and as a follow up no one has said a word to my son about visiting us. One elder asked my son how I was doing and my son told him great. The elder smiled and changed the subject.

• Smiles
    Smiles

LB,

You're welcome LB.

And hey! That is great news about how they have been treating your son..... the way they should treat him....."lovingly". Although, after your letter, they are probably treating your son with extra concern because those elders are scared of what they might get themselves into if they don't treat your son with the best concern....

Sentinel,

LOL. I knew someone would say that. And way to go for the way you handled the situation and the 5 elder posse at your front door. Sad that they realize the truth but are more or less stuck in the mess of it.

It is good that they were not cruel to you. Elders should not be cruel to anyone.

• hybridous
    hybridous

LB, my impression is that your promise of personally targeted legal action has kept the elders from giving your son crap. At this point, would you recommend a similar stance for someone in a similar situation? Does the threat of lawsuits often work?

• LB
    LB

Yes I think the threat of a lawsuit is effective if they perceive it as serious. The elder in question knew I was very serious as my attorney sent a little letter right after they received my DA letter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit