JW's come knocking on Christmas

by DIM 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Banshee
    Banshee

Funchback,

LMAO over here! Right on the money. I love how you kinda made it seem like a Service meeting demo. Too cool.

• Monster
    Monster
    There are over 800 units here and if I debate with them they will just leave my apartment and continue with the rest of the 799 units, and maybe recruit someone. If I call the police, they will leave.

Don't call the police on them, they'll only go back and make someone feel sorry for them by saying something like" There's a person here that doesn't want us to spread the good news of the kingdom of God" And start going on about Satan trying to stop their work.

Dim I wish I could have been there to see that. At least you let some of it out.

Happy holidays!

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

That must have been so frustrating for you. Hindsight is always such a kick in the pants.

They will continue to do what they do, and probably be so encouraged by your reaction, that they will spend even more time doing it. That's the programming they get.

It doesn't really matter how we vent, because they have an answer for everything. They got your honest reaction to their intrusion. Cursing a blue streak would not have been my means, but everyone is different. You were honest to the moment!! Don't feel bad about it. (They don't, that's for sure!)

I have been getting several phone calls from Mormans. Guess I'm on their list after having requested a free book many months ago. But, they are very loving group of people...but as wrong in their doctrines as the rest. I really don't mind "cutting them short", and they act like they don't care either. I tell them I'm not interested in conversion, and that I'm just making myself a bit knowledgeable about different beliefs so I can speak intelligently in converstion. It's always the very young who make these calls. At least the Mormans don't disfellowship, or shun or reject. They are very much family oriented, and they take care of each other. They don't condeme or judge other people for their individual opinions or beliefs.

The poor JW's. They go out on Christmas, I think, to get a peek at how families do the Christmas thing. As they go door to door, and get invited in (holiday spirit and all), they catch a glimpse of all the "evil, fake happiness" they are warned about. Of course, if they can catch some inactive one "celebrating", they win a bonus award.

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    At least the Mormans don't disfellowship, or shun or reject. They are very much family oriented, and they take care of each other. They don't condeme or judge other people for their individual opinions or beliefs.

Mormons are a high control group similar to the JWs. The ex-Mormons I talk to confirm this. They tell me that ex-members are shunned and that the Mormons are very judgemental, especially of fellow Mormons.

Every time we discuss the two religions with my ex-Mormon friends, we are struck by how similar the two groups are. The terminology and a few customs are different, but the level of control, the attitudes and actions, etc. are the same.

Talk to an ex-Mormon in the know. The effects of being a Mormon are the same as being a JW.

Richard

• johnny_was_good
    johnny_was_good

Perhaps good news, in my congregation there was no field service on X-mas day. This is already going on for a couple of years.

Also on Newyears day there will be no field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit