NU LIGHT JWs not only spokespersons for GAWD so says Governing Body Jackson

by Watchtower-Free 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Good thing to point out, Blondie.

In Judaism a prophet is defined as someone who was sent or inspired by G-d to make a public proclamation (the Hebrew word for such a proclamation is an "oracle of the Lord").

The proclamation had to be national or public and delivered to the children of Israel. Only rarely, if ever, did a prophet ever tell of a future event. Prophets acted as spokespersons or teaching leaders of Israel. Out of the over 50 prophets that existed throughout Judaism's history, 7 were women.

Daniel, however, is not one of these prophets. He received visions or wrote of the visions given to others and dealt mainly with "foretelling the future." Visions were not public declarations and had that "future" element rare to prophetic oracles. Prophets had public messages for the Jews, while many visions in Daniel's time were often privately given to heathen Gentiles. That is why Daniel's book is found not in the "Prophets" section of the Tanakh but in the "Writings" section.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Astonishing he said this, he said God uses many different people who have harmonized their lives with the Bible...so they, the GB, are not the sole spokespersons on earth for God.

The...biggest...lie...ever.

• Ding
    Ding
    The word "presumptuous" made me think of Deuteronomy 18:20-22: "If any prophet presumptuously speaks a word in my name that I did not command him to speak or speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. However, you may say in your heart: “How will we know that Jehovah has not spoken the word?” When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. The prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.’" (NWT)
  • Heaven
    Heaven

Is Geoffrey Jackson planning on leaving the JWs or will he be DF'd? He is making it sound like they don't say they are God's mouthpiece. This is apostate behaviour.

And he's a big fat liar.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

That was my jaw-dropping moment for me, Heaven. Watching him and hearing him say that made me think what would have happened to me if I was still a JW and was going around saying the same kind of things:

"It's presumptuous to think that Jehovah only speaks through the Governing Body or the Organization, simply presumptuous!"

• Watchtower-Free
  • jhine
    jhine

I've tried to read the expression on the face of the lady in the office behind him . She seems totally bemused .I wonder if she has been sworn to secrecy about all of this !

Jan

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

barry - "Jackson is obviously a liberal Jehovahs witness ."

No such thing anymore.

Plenty of liberal Ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, though.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sure, when asked, Jackson said it would be "presumptuous"...

...but he didn't say "no".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit