Christmas dinner.....need help.

by RubyTuesday 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I make a good ham in the crockpot.

1 ham

24oz of Sierra Mist poured over it

Let it cook for 4 hours on low

Then Put 1cup Honey, 1 Cup Dijon Mustard, Pinnapple Rings and some cloves let cook on low for 2 more hours

You then have one tasty ham.

No Cherrie Pie Yuckie!!!!

Edited by - Scarlet on 24 December 2002 2:38:55

• hannibal
    hannibal

I Got a suggestion for dessert...

you and me, pudding (any kind will work) cool whip....

aahhh, never mind.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Ruby- should we try another Martha Stewart one for dessert?

Martha Stewart's Apple Pie:

First you start with some apple seeds and you plant them in the ground. You must tend to the tree daily by fertilizing it with your own special mixture you made......

after about 6 years you have apples you can go out and pick for your pie....

using the pie tin you've forged out of old tin cans from your kitchen......

Have a good time with your supper Ruby and Merry Christmas to you!!

XW

• bigred
    bigred

Mulan here...........using hubby's ID.

A mortar and pestle is a kitchen tool (pharmacists use it too) that you use to grind herbs and seeds into powders or pastes.

Cardamom is a spice, that comes in pods. You can buy it powdered, but the pods are better. You open the pods and a few seeds are inside, that you crush or grind with your mortar and pestle.

Edited by - bigred on 24 December 2002 9:11:19

• Beans
    Beans

Where else can you get advice this fast! I have the same receipe as Aztec, I love it. I must try XW's as well.......yummy!

Beans

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Big Tex's favorite ham recipe:

1 ham (butt portion is best - more meat, less bone), soaked for 12-24 hours in cold water in the fridge (this draws out a lot of the salt)

2 bay leaves

1 onion, peeled and stuck with two cloves

1 bottle dry white wine

Glaze:

3 Tablespoons soft brown sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

2 Tablespoons honey

whole cloves to stud the ham, if you want to get fancy

Drain the cold water from the ham. Place in a pot with a close-fitting lid. Add bay leaves, clove-stuck onion, wine and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer very gently for 2 hours or until large bone in heavy end of ham becomes loose and protrudes. Lift ham from stock and place in a roasting pan to cool. Pour 1/4 inch of ham stock into the roasting pan. Mix the glaze and smear all over the ham. If you want to do the diamond pattern in the ham, go ahead, but I usually just spread the glaze on, omit the whole cloves, and pop it into a 375 degree oven for 20-30 minutes until the coating looks crisp and golden because by this time the smell of the ham is driving everyone nuts and they don't care what it looks like, they just want to eat it.

Enjoy!

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit