Russel's burial cemetery address in PA

by Faraon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Faraon
    Faraon

I will be traveling to New York city tomorrow.

I wanted to film the Mason Cemetery where Russel is buried in Pennsilvania. I have a film of his pyramidal tumb, but wanted to film it myself with our daughters included in it.

Unfortunately it does not show the address.

Does anyone know the exact address?

I'd appreciate it. Will send a copy of the film.

Thanks for your efforts beforehand.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

http://www.freeminds.org/history/cemetary.htm

for those wishing to visit the gravesite:

The area is the North Hills area of Pittsburgh. It is in the "Rosemont United Cemeteries at Allegheny, in the Bethel Family plot, according to his request." (Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose, 1959, p. 62)

The street is named Cemetery Lane. It is where BABCOCK BLVD and MCKNIGHT RD intersect. McNight Rd is a large freeway. There is a Babcock Blvd exit off of McKnight Road. Go West on Babcock Blvd. Cemetery Lane will be a left turn off of Babcock. The pyramid is BEFORE you get to the top of the hill on the left side. You can see it from the road. It is maybe 30 to 40 feet into the cemetery. Or, simpler directions for others: Take Interstate 279 to Exit 19, which is Cemetery Lane. Follow Cemetery Lane to the gravesite.

Pope

Edited by - popeoferuke on 24 December 2002 0:34:8

• Faraon
    Faraon

Your holyness,

Thanks for your lightning reply.

I appreciate it.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

There's a picture of it a www.findagrave.com - great place for finding graves of the famous and infamous.

• VM44
    VM44

There is some sort of Masonic Center on the other side of the road from the pyramid. Also, inside the pyramid, a time capsule was placed containing Russell's Studies in the Scriptures books. Mentioning the pyramid now to a local elder brought the comment that it was placed there by the "evil slave" --VM44

• Faraon
    Faraon

Dear Pope and fellow apostates,

I had an eventful week on Christmas vacation.On my way to NYC from Chicago, I had an accident that messed up my right headlight and grill when I tried to stop to avoid another accident down a snowy hill. JFK was snowed in and closed, so I had to sleep in the airport, missed a connection at Seoul, Korea to Beijing, but Korean airlines provided my girls and I with a free hotel, etc.

On my way back to Illinois, we took a detour to Pittsburg, Pennsylvania. I returned because I could not find exit 19, but an old man told me that the exit numbers had been changed some time ago. I returned to cemetery road, but by this time it was beginning to get dark and my flash had exhausted its batteries. Fortunately I was able to film the site with my movie camera.The tumb was seen about two miles left to the left of Cemetery Road. on the right side.

The piramid ends at its top with a sort of bended cap, and bears the symbol of the Masonic Knights of Templar.The building claims to be some sort of Masonic education institution. Inside they had the same symbol (a cross with its post at an angle surrounded by a crown) in a cloth embroided and identifying themselves, as they had in Russesl Piramid. The Piramid has the WTBS engraved in it, the same as the one in the Masonic temple.

My oldest daughter (11 years old) could not stop crying for three hours. I told her she had already seen pictures of the tumb. She said it was not the same to see it in a book or a picture than seeing it in real life. She said she would have prefered not to see it. She realized that Russel was a hypocrite on her own, and told me so.

• RR
    RR
    There is some sort of Masonic Center on the other side of the road from the pyramid. Also, inside the pyramid, a time capsule was placed containing Russell's Studies in the Scriptures books. Mentioning the pyramid now to a local elder brought the comment that it was placed there by the "evil slave" --VM44

Where the Masonic centers stands now, was the farmhouse where Br. Bohnet lived, it was eventually torned down when the society sold the property.

As to the pyramid and its contents? "Evil Slave indeed" The purpose for why and what was put INTO the pyramid was reported in the 1919 Convention Reports. Mind you, the pyramid marker was NOT Russell's idea.

RR

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

The pyramid marker may not have been Russell's idea, but it is certainly an appropriate remembrance to the man who was obsessed about pyramids and used them in his End Time false prophecies. More than one Bethelite has told me that Russell even slept under a pyramid.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Hi Faraon

glad you made it to the Tomb, sounds creepy!

Maybe you can Email Randy Watters and ask him to update the instructions for finding it...it would be nice for him to keep an up-to-date tomb finder.!!

Cheers!

His Popeness

PS this post reminded of Dylans "Isis" :

We came to the pyramids all embedded in ice.
    He said, "There's a body I'm tryin' to find.
    If I carry it out it'll bring a good price."
    'Twas then that I knew what he had on his mind.

I broke into the tomb, but the casket was empty.
    There was no jewels, no nothin', I felt I'd been had.
    When I saw that my partner was just bein' friendly,
    When I took up his offer I must-a been mad.
  • RR
    RR
    More than one Bethelite has told me that Russell even slept under a pyramid.

Oh yeah, and they know this because ....????

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit