Twilight Zone dealing with Disfellowshiping

by whyhideit 17 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

The episode is based upon a short story by a famous science fiction writer, Robert Silverberg. Here is some information I found on the web where the original story has been published. --VM44

To See the Invisible Man

Originally broadcast: January 31, 1986

made for TV

episode of The New Twilight Zone

Based on:

• "To See the Invisible Man" (April, 1963) by Robert Silverberg
      • Published in Worlds of Tomorrow magazine
      • Collected in Needle in a Timestack (1966) by Robert Silverberg
      • Collected in SF: Authors' Choice 2 (1970) edited by Harry Harrison
      • Collected in Earth's Other Shadow (1973) by Robert Silverberg
      • Collected in Another Tomorrow (1974) edited by Bernard C. Hollister
      • Collected in The Best of Robert Silverberg (1976) by Robert Silverberg
      • Collected in Earth in Transit (1976) edited by Sheila Schwartz
      • Collected in Dark Sins, Dark Dreams (1978) edited by Barry N. Malzberg, Bill Pronzini
      • Collected in New Stories from the Twilight Zone (1991) edited by Martin H. Greenberg
      • Collected in Science Fiction Stories (1993) edited by Ulrike Becker, Claus Varrelmann
      • Collected in The Collected Stories of Robert Silverberg: Volume 5: Ringing the Changes (1997) by Robert Silverberg

• VM44
    VM44

Further web searching came up with the whole story available for download...for only 55 cents!!!! --VM44 http://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/eBook406.htm

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Further web searching came up with the whole story available for download...for only 55 cents!!!! --VM44

Caution, though - I was all set to check out, had registered and everything, then saw the notice that said, "e-books cannot be printed". That might work for some, but not for me, anything of any length I like to print out and read away from the computer. I even do it with some of the longer posts here!!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JSKKppfqQx0

I just watched this episode and thought it's worth bumping for those who haven't seen it. It's in 3 parts, the above link is the first part.

• poppers
    poppers

I saw this on the net without paying for it - don't know where but it's there somewhere. Great episode.

• cameo-d
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

oops. magic carpet flew out from under me before I wrote anything.

I saw that episode and remember it well.

Even though many can relate it to the shunning they have experienced, I think it still carries a futuristic scenerio.

Just imagine what happens when all of "christianity" is indoctrinated into the shunning behavior and people are divided between the mark and no mark. Only difference is you wont be able to take things and get away with it.

That was a good episode.

• poppers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit