How Much Longer Can The WBTS Survive?

by SpannerintheWorks 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

Another problem with the Watchtower is that they are antiquated with their teachings. Modern day cults are using modern day methods. The Scientologists are using psychotherapy. My mother's neighbor almost joined a computer cult (I have no idea what they teach) and their are UFO cults and New Age cults.

The WT can't deal with change and progress. A true religion can adapt to modern day changes without rewriting their teachings, a cult cannot.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Slippery Nickery,

I had said:

Do you know of any case in which there have been those who have tried to overthrow the Catholic church?

To which you replied:

Why yes Yadirf. Actually I do... and just like you've said, blah, blah, blah.

Did it ever occur to you that since the question I asked was "Do you know of any case, etc." that for you to answer that question would require you to be specific in identifying any such cases that you know about? It doesnt suffice for you to simply say, 'Why yes, Yadirf, actually I do know of such cases' ... only to avoid listing them then. You have done nothing but make an unfounded claim, and then when someone presses you to prove your point you become all evasive. Thats why I have dubbed thee "Slippery Nickery".

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

As long as there are fearful and ignorant people to be exploited, cults like the WT have nothing to worry about.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Yadirf,

I do not have the time nor the inclination to babble and go toe to toe with you. It was to my assumption that common sense of history and event surrounding the catholic church would be enough explanation. Do I need to be specific on common knowledge?

My answer was and still is... YES. You want further proof? Do as most parents tell their children "GO look it up..." Better yet, look at some of the recent replies. Some have stated such cases. Have you turned a blind eye to these posts?

I rather be "slippery" than DRY. Only fools turn a blind eye

"And ya can't beat THAT with a BAT."

• Nickey
    Nickey

Not only that, but even after WACO, there are STILL Davidians around. WHAT?! After the whole thing supposedly went up in smoke, here they come again. Just-a-goin'-strong. Just-a-chuggin' along. Just like Raid on roaches, can't seem to get rid of em' huh...

Now, you wanna tell me you don't know of the Waco incident?

The recent "sex scandals" both involving the Catholic church and JW's... which one of the two are still around? BOTH.

Mormons, Catholics, JW'S, Davidians, Seventh Day Adventists, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Shinto....etc upon etc.

All been through stages of unpopularity, conflicts, "persecution", scandals...

It only takes an intelligent mind to pick up a BOOK and read.

Slip n' slide, dance and glide... you can run from the truth, but you can't hide.

• Lefty
    Lefty

You were the one who said that you knew of a case in which there had been an attempt to overthrow the Catholic church. I'm calling your hand on what you claim to know. Don't ask me to go prove your case for you. You said it, you produce the proof. I don't believe that you can.

This is what I had asked you:

Do you know of any case in which there have been those who have tried to overthrow the Catholic church?

You said "yes" to that question.

Now, putsie up or shutsie up!

Yadirf

• Nickey
    Nickey

ROFL

Nice try...

You know very well silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.

• Buster
    Buster

Millions now living will never join the WT.

• Nickey
    Nickey

Now, do I know of any case of people trying to overthrow the Catholic church?

"Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC). The head of this group, Frances Kissling, has said it is her goal to overthrow the Catholic Church."

Call 202-863-8000; fax at 202-863-8174; email at [email protected]. to ask them the same question.

• Lefty
    Lefty

Nice try...

Thats why I have dubbed thee "Slippery Nickery".

Oh, but then you had a little time to do some looking around. And you came up with this:

Now, do I know of any case of people trying to overthrow the Catholic church?

"Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC). The head of this group, Frances Kissling, has said it is her goal to overthrow the Catholic Church."

Call 202-863-8000; fax at 202-863-8174; email at [email protected]. to ask them the same question.

Which only goes to prove that you were lying in the first place, by saying at the time that you ALREADY new of such a case, because you only came up with the above after the fact. And you can't deny that.

Even then, what you do offer as proof for your argument is merely a quote without identifying the source from where it came from. You've got to do better than that.

Yadirf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit