The truth about the first year of marriage

by meadow77 14 Replies latest jw friends

• freedom96
    freedom96

It just all depends who you are married to. With my first marriage, I knew it was over within the first year. Finally divorced 6 years later.

I am almost into 2 years with my 2nd wife, and I could not be happier. I am gonna keep this one!

• NoMoreJW
    NoMoreJW

Our first year of marriage was our happiest. We only courted a few months so it was as much a learning adventure than anything. Then we had kids, then we "got the truth", then 9 years later we got out. Now we`re trying to rekindle the first few years since we feel that, although we were married, we were so busy bringing up children, then being devoted to "the truth", that we hardly had time for each other. It`ll be our 20th wedding anniversary at the end of next month and we still feel we have a lot of learning (about each other) to do. Strange eh?

• rocketman
    rocketman

Our first year was fine, second was tough because we disagreed somewhat when shopping for a home.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Ask me again in a year and two days. I'll tell you then.

Katie (blushing bride to be)

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

First year? Hah! FIRST NIGHT!! My best man (who really should have been the maid of honor) and I spent my wedding night past out in the front room. I married a diamond-in-the-rough,though, and so did she. The only thing is, we were really rough. She was raised in a most dysfunctional JW household and I came with assorted baggage, including alcoholism. We labored for a few decades as wannabe good JW's, with me suffering the usual ongoing humiliation that accompanies untreated alcoholism, and her pioneering our family to "righteousness". After my second disfellowshipping, WE decided WE were going to try a different approach. I was re-instated (just using all these horse-shit terms gives me the creeps), but disassociated myself a few months ago. Wifey is hanging in for family. We will be celebrating 28 years shortly, and we really are best friends. I constantly make amends, and she lets me know that my conduct speaks louder than words. All that the elders of the only organization committed to true marriage could offer at our last judicial meeting was " let us know if you want a divorce ". Thank God for getting us out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit