Epic!

Six-of-Nine,

Clever! (same goes for Gauls, too!)

Mitigatingly,

Gilgamesh

• teejay
    teejay

Gilgamesh,

Some would say that I am a man of (too) many words, but your post here has left me speechless.

And in tears.

Seriously. Hasnt happened very often.

• teejay
    teejay

Just wanted to add...

I love the old-timers. In some ways they represent what is best about the JW experience.

I will never forget Robert Smith of Muskogee, Oklahoma. Come assembly time, I always looked for him. He was one of those who had a deep affection for the house of God, whatever its makeup. Where "Jehovah's People" where is where he wanted to be, no matter where it was.

Anyway... we would usually both arrive at the assembly site early, me usually as an attendant and him as a receiver of the latest "new light." The lights would be dialed down low and the hall mostly empty. As time passed and people began to filter in bringing the auditorium to life, both of us, with coffee and danish in hand, would talk about the bible. Oh, how he could make it live! Never over-bearing or condescending, he would offer his views of what David or Saul or Abraham were thinking when they did this or that. As I put in my two cents worth, he'd laugh or even nod his head in agreement.

Though separated by years, he was my friend. How I mourned when he passed away some years ago. No... I will never forget Brother Smith. He represented all that is good about JWs. In comparison, the average Witness today is a weak imitation, IMO.

You remind me of Robert Smith, Gilgamesh. Just thought I'd let you know.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Ha! Teejay! That lapse in speech didn't last long.

Affectionately,

Wasa

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

It does appear that "silentlambs" and "messenger" share the same ip.

This thread interested me:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39735&site=3

Ignored One.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gilgamesh,

Can you mail me when you have a moment.

Best regards - HS

• Gilgamesh
    Gilgamesh

HS,

Sure. Kids are callin right now, but I'll fire off an email so you have my address.

Gilgamesh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit