Contradicting Governing Body Members

by Illuminated 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• millie210
    millie210

One of the signs that someone is out of control is when they ricochet from one argument to the next.

It has struck me for the last few years as though the Org. has lost its way.

It may have been wrong before but there was clearly someone at the helm and there was consistency. Now, it seems as though there is an internal struggle for control that is reflecting itself in a myriad of ways.

Perhaps Jackson gave us a clue when he said that the GB doesnt write the information being produced but instead, checks it for scriptural correctness. Maybe that is where the breakdown we sense is. These "helpers" all jockeying for position, trying to get their views in print, trying to be the one who writes the next "a ha" thing that will make the GB look upon him favorably.

It reminds me of a newspaper bull pen where all the junior writers are desperate to get that next big headline.

• cha ching
    cha ching

" Hearing Jackson lie about what the Governing Body claims it is and contradicting statements of other Governing Body members would be like the Pope saying: "It would be preposterous for us to believe we are the historical church founded by Christ and for me to claim to be Christ's Vicar."

Great analogy illuminated! Perhaps we should tell a JW, "Hey, did you hear? The pope just admitted the Catholic Church is not the historical church founded by Jesus, and he is not Christ's Vicar!"

Give them a pause.... let them express themselves, then tell them what Jackson said about the Governing Body, "Well, that would be a bit presumptuous to say I speak for god wouldn't it?

THX!

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

Calebin and Alive thank you for sharing your stories. It sounds painful, saddening, yet so liberating. I am happy you are all free!

The analogy certainly is a great one cha ching. As I was watching the Royal Commission, I thought to myself how much Jackson reminded me of a corrupt politician or the pope.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If you were left totally confused by the contradictions then the contradictions have served their purpose.

It's like a game of "which shell is the truth hiding under?"

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Governing Body members have run the gamut, from outright denials that there is a problem with child molesting among Jehovah's Witnesses, to admitting there is.

I.) Stephen Lett outright denied there is a problem with pedophilia in "Jehovah's organization," claiming reports of such are "apostate-driven lies."

II.) Anthony Morris III hinted there is a problem in the Organization with child molesting but blamed it on gay men.

III.) Finally, Geoffrey Jackson acknowledged there is definitely a problem when testifying before the Australian Royal Commission. Jackson is questioned by ARC attorney Angus Stewart.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Didn't the Catholic Church deny thier sexual abuse problem for a few years too?

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Didn't the Catholic Church deny thier sexual abuse problem for a few years too?

Yes, and Watchtower made a big deal out of it.

As so often happens, Watchtower is guilty of the same thing it condemns others for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit