Man 0 - Jehovah 1

by PopeOfEruke 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

What really started cheesing me off with the WT and Awake magazines while I was still an active JW was the constant propaganda based on MAN versus JEHOVAH.

It was as if there was a great tug-of-war being propogated between man and God by the WT Society.

Everything that MAN made was constantly criticised and belittled, while whatever Jehovah made was so great! I remember an Awake article that really made me mad, it was about the computer navigation system found in modern passenger jets. Initially I thought the article was going to be informative, but if had hardly got started when the anti-MAN propaganda was introduced. Oh the man-made computers are so PRIMITIVE, just look at the BEES that Jehovah made!! The bees can do a dance which tells the other bees where the honey is. Jehovah is SO SMART, and man is SO CRAP.!!!

Well I was seeing red at this article. "Man" could only design a primitive navigation system that flies a 400 tonne Jumbo jet, but little Jehovah gets so jealous, Look at my bees! look at my bees!

Well Jehovah, I am sorry, but given the choice, when I am flying at 1000 kms an hours at 10000 metres altitude, I am just glad there is a navigation computer in the cockpit of my 747 and not a bunch of your stupid bees.

Does the Society still constantly push this stupid race? Can't the simpletons understand that whatever MAN builds is a CREDIT to God, because GOD MADE MAN!! Man didn't come from somewhere else. Why the competition???

Well thankfully, the damn idiots in Brooklyn writing such stupid articles caused my eyes to be opened little by little and now I am free of their stupidity and evil.

Pope

Edited by - popeoferuke on 23 December 2002 3:8:4

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Yep, idiots! They're all idiots!!

Of course you and I weren't and neither were our other friends on here. We were just under their "spell". It's the leaders who are to blame. The ones who sit behind their desks and think up all this crap and then get a group of people to follow them.

It feels so good to be free of all that propaganda! Now if I'm an idiot, it's all my own fault.

• artful
    artful

Well said Pope!
    This is a very interesting point. I think the mental tug-of-war you mention is really between the WTS and man! They seek to discredit the efforts of man as feeble and not worth putting our trust in. It seems they fear that to acknowledge the connection that "whatever MAN builds is a CREDIT to God" might lead some to "worship" men! Instead they want their followers to rely on Jehovah (read WTS) for their worship, and come to Jehovah (read WTS) for his (their) superior wisdom. This of course amounts to worship of men anyway because as we know their can be no worship of Jehovah without the FDS to guide us! LOL

Cheers
    Artful

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Poop OfEruke,

Man you've blown the whole nmad thing out of proportion. You should be in the funny papers. You're a professional at the art of distorting things.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Fartful,

Because of your terrific bias against the WTS as well as anyone who speaks well of the WTS, if it were I that told you that you have an anal orifice, you wouldn't believe it until you sh!t your pants. What a mess you are!

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Yadi said

You're a professional at the art of distorting things.

Yadi, I had 35 years of being trained by the worlds greatest professional distorters. How could some of it not rub off! Merry XMAS brother!

Sentinal : well I was brainwashed and emotionally blackmailed since birth as my Dad was not a JW, so I accept absolutely no responsibility for believing the crap as long as I did. I just thank Whoever that I got out at all, even if it cost me 35 years....Thats the most important thing!

Artful: nice comment. It seems the Society live off FEAR. They themselves fear everything and use FEAR to control the brothers.

Poop Of Eruke

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

This brings back memories of that horrid "How Did Life Get Here, By Evolution or Creation?" piece of mis-quoting fact bending intellectual dishonesty. There was a whole chapter devoted to "doesn't man think he's sooo clever, inventing sonar/jet engines/electricity, when we all know that Jerhoooover invented it first in bats/squid/eels". What idiots they were to compare the jet engine (where combustion of fuel and oxygen from the air and subsequent expansion of the gasses takes place) with the squid's system of propulsion (a blowing of water from a chamber).

I hated the constant rubbishing of man's achievements. Most scientists that I have known are decent and honourable people, not at all the demon-influenced-self-righteous-bigots that the WT used to make them out to be.

Up an atom!

ig.

• artful
    artful

Yadirf: thanks for the compliments! I would actually take your comment a step further and say that I am biased toward any "scriptural" theology that is presented to me. I guess after being subject to false teachings for so many years it has made me cautious. I prefer to test for myself the scriptural accuracy of anything that I hear coming from the WTS or any other source.

Just curious, do you speak to your house-to-house calls the way you speak to the people on this board?

Merry Christmas!
    Fartful

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You're a professional at the art of distorting things.
    Why are you posting here? Don't you know that Armageddon came three days ago?

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

These two TWITS are so busy giving each other high-fives that neither one of them realizes that they have their pants down in full view of the public:

"Well said Poop!" "Nice comment Fartful."

By way of review:

Fartful says: "Well said Poop!"

Poop replies: "Weeeell thaannnnk yoooou Fartful, nice of you to say so ... I need all the praise I can get ... and now you can stoop down and kiss my lazy a$$, but of course only after you have kissed my hand first. I'm about to go to lunch is the reason, and I don't want my hand made unclean by my own a$$."

Fartful answers: "But I have already kissed your lazy a$$ ... er, while your weren't looking."

Poop says, angerily: "How many times must you be told to keep your head out of my a$$ without first having my permission."

Fartful then says: "Perhaps it would please the Poop if he were to set up a schedule for me to kiss his majesty's lazy a$$?"

Poop replies: "That's what I like about you, Fartful, you help me with real difficult decisions such as this."

Fartful: "To make you happy is my reason for living, Poop."

Poop: "May you be granted eternal life, Fartful. Now, get your head back up my a$$ ... and do it IMMEDIATELY!"

Edited by - Yadirf on 23 December 2002 21:29:25

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit