Jehovah's Witnesses Should Show An Identity Card

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I went to the public talk given by the C.O. and the whole theme was that JW's should wear an Identity Card so that everyone would know who they were.

Today: identify cards. Next: fingerprinting. Next: retnal scans. Next: chip implants in brains. Finally: a nice Cool Aid party (Theocratically Approved(tm) of course.)

It's only a matter of time.

Farkel

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I don't believe the Society would ever issue identity cards to all publishers. There could be too many legal implications for them.

The blood card works well for identification internally, since anyone carrying it is carrying it by personal choice and have been sufficiently indoctrinated to have made that choice. No "apostate" would be "caught dead" with one on their person.

I gather it was a dumb illustration to make a point of carrying "symbolic" id cards... "are we easily identifyable as JW's by our conduct or might people be mistaken as to who we are?"

Path

• Scully
    Scully

blondie:

If questioned, or when asked for credentials, baptized publishers may use the identification card (S-65) signed by the presiding overseer, which shows one is preaching the good news of the Kingdom in association with the local congregation named on the card.

I used to have one of these, from around 1989. I'm not sure if I still have it stuffed in a box somewhere.... If I ever come across it, I'll scan it. I do recall very explicit instructions to the effect that we were NOT to identify ourselves as representatives of the WTS, but as JWs from the XXXX congregation.

Love, Scully

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Maybe they shold just have numbers forcibly tatooed on their arms as identification.

ash

• Happy
    Happy

No matter how you look at it, ID cards are just another way for JW's to isolate themselves, & to control and keep tabs on their brothers and sisters.

• Shakita
    Shakita

If it comes down to where all JW's are encouraged to where identity cards, I think there will always be those who will not. I know when we were given out identity cards to wear during the district assemblies, I would not wear mine. My reason was that I would not ruin my dress putting that thing on it! Like any body at the assembly really wants to wear those things!

Just a thought, but maybe they are afraid of apostates infiltrating the meetings, or maybe an emotionally unstable family member coming into the hall to disrupt or be violent. They have pissed off alot of people out there! So, by showing their JW identity cards as they enter the building, the elders can stop the "riff-raff" at the door!

Mrs. Shakita

• JT
    JT

implants in brains

FARKEL you could have fooled me - i thought they had that all along

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The WTS does not want members to identify themselves as representatives of the WTS for reasons of liability.

This (they hope) will protect the WTS from legal and financial liability if a JW does something stupid resulting in a lawsuit.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Hmmmm didn't Hitler already do this tactic. Control is what it's about, I'm sure this will help their being able to locate those that stand for the pledge etc.

My question is this, say this starts as a "good" thing just like "everything" does with the JW's at what point will they start DF and DA those that don't comply. Nothing they do is ever of "your own concious" because I have seen too many times those people shunned for following it.

• Sargon
    Sargon

I don't see any reason why JW's would need an I.D. card. No sane person would attempt to impersonate a them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit