Prophecy in Daniel: A last Fierce-looking King

by Kosonen 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'm not going to judge the man's mental capacity. I'm curious so please, do tell.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Thanks Viv and Caleb

You kids are the best

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

In Daniel 7 is as I understand a paralell prophecy about this same last king. And the prophecy says this "horn" representing that king will speak arrogantly. That is a good sign to look for. Which politician is known to speak arrogantly who is runnung for the highest office? At this moment Donald Trump seems to be very similar to the description in Daniel. If that is the case it is both good and bad news. I am actually hoping that he will soon start to fulfill that prophecy, so I don't need to wait for an other candidate.

Here is what Daniel chapter 7 say about him and the time period:

Daniel 7:8 While I considered the horns, look! another horn, a small one, came up among them, and three of the first horns were plucked up from before it. And look! there were eyes like human eyes in this horn, and there was a mouth speaking arrogantly.

11 I kept watching at that time because of the sound of the arrogant words that the horn was speaking; I watched until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed and it was given over to be burned in the fire.

20 ...and the other horn that came up and before which three fell, the horn that had eyes and a mouth speaking arrogantly and whose appearance was bigger than that of the others.“I kept watching as that horn made war on the holy ones, and it was prevailing against them, until the Ancient of Days came and judgment was rendered in favor of the holy ones of the Supreme One, and the appointed time arrived for the holy ones to take possession of the kingdom.

25 He will speak words against the Most High, and he will continually harass the holy ones of the Supreme One. He will intend to change times and law, and they will be given into his hand for a time, times, and half a time.

According to the prophecy, he will harass the holy ones for time, times and a half time, in other words 3,5 years and then the kingdom of God comes.

That's the interesting part, what will happen to the WT org with its governing body in that time?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Thanks Viv and Caleb
    You kids are the best

We are :)

Now go do your moon homework!

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

There is an unfulfilled prophecy in Daniel

It's amazing that so many people still believe that a dream or vision that some person had over 2,500 years ago is going to be fulfilled NOW.

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Antiochus IV Epiphanes
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    At this moment Donald Trump seems to be very similar to the description in Daniel.

Donald Trump is not a king, therefore rendering the prophecy moot with regards to him.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Yawn! Eschatology is such a waste of time.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

You did well on finding the parallel “vision.” But it is still the same event and same “king” of the Chanukah events as far as historians, Jews, and mainstream Christian exegetes are concerned.

And the “little horn” is likewise also understood to be Antiochus Epiphanes. His power grew exactly as describes in Daniel in regard to his campaigns in Egypt, Persia, and eventually the Holy Land. Antiochus is also the subject of the prophecy of Daniel chapter 9. (Telling the same event over in “threes” is a numerology earmark of apocalyptic compositions, “confirming” the demise of Antiochus.)

The “three and a half times” or years is the same period as mentioned in Daniel 9.27. The Second Temple was desecrated by Antiochus from 167 to 164 BCE.

• sir82
    sir82

At this moment Donald Trump seems to be very similar to the description in Daniel.

ha ha! I was right!

OK, I'm on a roll. Let's see, how about Sarah Palin for King (Queen) of the North? You've got Alaska & all that.

King of the South, King of the South.....hmm, how about Paula Deen? No, she's so 2011....Rick Perry?

Yeah, I'll go with Rick Perry. Those hipster glasses have to mean something apocalyptic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit