WT writers on PROZAC?

by Smiles 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Smiles
    Smiles

After reading these quotes from WT literature, you have to wonder if someone at the WT overdosed on the good ol' PROZAC!

What else could it be? What is your explaination?

Mans Salvation, page 45, paragraph 3

"Jehovah will not become incensed against his faithful, obedient witnesses, nor will his anger flare up against them so that they perish in the midst of their course. He will not turn upon those who have taken refuge in Him, and so His witnesses are the happiest people on earth today "

Watchtower 1999 October 1, page 8

"Of course, the fact that Jehovahs servants "weep" over the sorry state of world affairs does not preclude their being happy. On the contrary! They are actually the happiest group of people on earth. "

• Nickey
    Nickey

Well if that's the case, then something must be wrong with me because I just ain't happy.

• rebel
    rebel

Me neither

• ballistic
    ballistic

I came OFF the anti depressants when I left the BORG!!!

And I truly tell you today... happy iz da man!

• Scully
    Scully

I dunno about Prozac... crack cocaine, heroin and a little Jack Daniels thrown in for good measure, perhaps... but I don't think Prozac has anything to do with it....

Here's another reason: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=17937&site=3

Love, Scully

Edited by - Scully on 22 December 2002 8:21:33

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I certainly was never happy when I was in the organisation. I'm happier now than I've ever been.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Scully,

Shameful joy. I missed that one, so glad you linked to it. That was brilliant!

Unfortunately, jw member's seem to be the one's turning to mind altering drugs like Prozac, to cope with the reality of being a jw.

The 'boys in writing' only continue to fuel the anxiety and guilt, required to keep the r&f in a perpetual state of 'keen awareness'. God forbid a jw ever, ever, relax his/her guard about the 'end of this system' or the prospect of 'blood flowing' in the streets at Har-Magedon!

No wonder they need and require prozac, or at least allow themselves to drink. If the GB decided to get tough on drinking and drunkeness, half the elder's, and congregations would be df'd.

Danny

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I came OFF the anti depressants when I left the BORG!!!

Ditto here

• Soledad
    Soledad
    came OFF the anti depressants when I left the BORG!!!

ditto ditto

• stefanieroe
    stefanieroe

Are the majority of the people on here NON Jehovahs because there are alot of bad words flying about them on some posts.?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit