Calling all Los Angeles folks

by animal 30 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

As some of you know, I commute from Phoenix, AZ to Los Angeles for my job. It will last thru January.

Several of us have been unsuccessful in getting together thus far, but came up with a plan during a weekend I am there. I will be staying over thru the weekend of January 4th, in the hotel in El Segundo, http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=LAXESES .

The hotel has a Happy Hour from 530PM to 730PM, guests are included. My suite is a 2 room suite, with a fold out couch in one room and a king in the other.

Anyone wanting to come up and meet... party... eat.... whatever.... come on over. Stay over too, if you want. Hell, we can grab another room if we need it.

Anyone interested, post here. My email is open too, if you need my cel number.

Lets have some fun!

Animal

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

As you know, wonderful man with exquisite taste, I live in San Diego. Unfortunately, I gotta work weekends, but would have loved to meet with you on the 4th. Drats!

• animal
    animal

Then you will just have to come up thru the week.....

Animal

• Southland
    Southland

Los Angeles answering here. :)

• animal
    animal

bttt

• animal
    animal

Evidently, our own Vivimus may be in LA for this very weekend..... I invited her over.

Animal

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Yeah

• Farkel
    Farkel

windchaser, : As you know, wonderful man with exquisite taste, I live in San Diego.

<------over 30 years in San Diego and I miss it so much. (I've only been gone for less than a year.)

In the last nearly two decades I lived in PB (Crown Point, actually) and OB. (I surfed for a dozen years in my halcyon days.)

Any ideas on how I can get back to the San Diego of pre-1990's when the freeways weren't crowded, the town wasn't polluted by New Yorkers and other big-city jerks who flocked there and brought their rudeness, aggressive driving, crappy attitudes and their MONEY which drove people like me who spent the majority of our lives there and then couldn't afford to live there? Of course, to solve this problem, you'll need a "time-warp" machine, or I'll need some serious bucks! Sigh.

I lived in Normal Heights for six months before I left. It's been renovated as a nice neighborhood (and I enjoyed my frequent homages to Beth Sarim just a mile or so away in Kensington), but it ain't the Beach, and I'm an OBecian/Point Loman and will always be an OBecian/Point Loman at heart.

What I Know About Beth Sarim

Farkel
    Voltaire and Catalina Class

Edited by - Farkel on 25 December 2002 2:44:28

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Count us in! So it will be on a week-END?

btw, what name will you be registered under?

Edited by - plmkrzy on 25 December 2002 3:10:39

• animal
    animal

I will be flying back on Jan 2.... call me anytime after that morning. If you dont have my cel number, email me at [email protected]

I would be registered as Rick Henry. Happy Hour at the hotel is from 530-730 PM each nite, my guests are welcome to the free drinks also. I will be staying there thru the weekend, so my Friday and Sat nite is open. I think we meet Friday nite, so Viv can enjoy it better.

Farkel, you gonna show your face?

Any questions... yell on AOL (animl) , Yahoo (animl), msn (animalpa), or ICQ (444978).

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit