Who rules your life?

by shalom 7 Replies latest jw friends

• shalom
    shalom

True story - my aunties husband who is a new JW but not yet baptised wrote a letter to the Governing Body requesting permission to wear jeans to the meetings because apparently he is allergic to the fibres in wool pants etc. He got a letter back granting him permission to do this!!

• LDH
    LDH

THANK GOD! the GB doesn't judge a man 'based on his outward appearance!'

[8>]

Wearing blue jeans is quite in vogue in some congs. throughout the deep south! Imagine our shock when the bros. carrying the mics paced up and down the aisles in their skin tight wranglers and cowboy boots!

We used to feign horror when a sister named Anne wore cullottes to the meetings. Why, they were almost PANTS! Oh the horror of it all! (Thanks, Mom, for helping me see the light on why we should judge ANYONE who wears cullottes harshly!)

I wonder if I could get a blood waiver based on the fact that *I'm allergic to almost every blood substitute.* LOL

• JAVA
    JAVA

shalom,

Does the poor guy raise his hand before going to the bathroom? I think he should get baptised immediately; he's already a Jdub, and doesn't know it!

--JAVA
    ...counting time at the Coffee Shop

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Just wondering.....must he carry the "letter of approval" with him everywhere so that he can attend assemblies and meetings at other congregations?

• outnfree
    outnfree

Nah, RHW,
    he'll just get 'love-bombed' wherever he goes from now on! LOLOLOLOL

outnfree

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

perhaps this is not the thread ...and perhaps it is......but why GIVE away this thing in your life.....your spirit..... your energy ....your self esteeem..........why seek the bozos approval............if they D/F you for a beard..or your clothes or because they dont agree with your opinion........ tell them your just reverting back to an older publication.........with as many flip flops as there have been ...its all been covered, and if there is aproblem with that just tell them give it some time its due to change......... again ....soon....

I am no hippie........but isnt it time to let your freak flag fly.........

legally THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO YOU! You have religious freedom....express it.......... its not your fault they are confused what month or year it is........... whether in one publication the sodomites , will/wont get ressurected.......(YCLF)

did any one consult you on the new baptism questions.....hell no
    and they didn't make a big deal about it either.......but NOW its a big deal

dedication to organization

BULLSHIT! BULL SHIT! BULLSHIT!
    if JESUS WAS in HELL HE WOULD ROLL OVER!

or as another poster so aptly puts it ..be yourself.......everyone else is taken.........

whether the locals agree with you or not isn't the point....GOD(or whatever creative entity you ascribe to) made you , to be you and be true to yourself....no one else is any different than you are...no better no worse same fears, same sins, same same......

we all is!

Caio~

• riz
    riz

stephen,

better go grab a beer, bro.

riz

• larc
    larc

This clothes alergy thing is understandible. I discovered that I was alegeric to the meeting. I have felt much better since I stoped going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit