silent lambs sabotaged

by wednesday 40 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

Our worst fears has happened the website has been sabotaged. We are working to restore a back up copy and will try to get up running soon. I have asked the new webmaster to provide an explanation when he can.

silentlambs

Edited by - Simon on 21 December 2002 11:47:12

• Simon
    Simon

I just got an email from the SL mailing list and it claims that the website has been sabotaged. I hope no one will make unfounded accusations without any evidence.

• Beans
    Beans

I don't think any false accusations will be made around here, that would never happen! If it was sabotaged we can be happy to know that this person is soon to be future Apostate and we welcome them with open arms to JWD with warm Apostate love!

Beans

• wednesday
    wednesday

Beans, i am offended at your statement., as i am a abuse survivor. We need SL and someone to expose the WTS. the only persons hurt here are the people who need these terrible thigns to be exposed./children and battered abused woman.

Edited by - wednesday on 21 December 2002 12:7:14

• Beans
    Beans

I think you are reading it the wrong way. My sister is a victim as well!

Beans

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=19819&site=3

Edited by - Beans on 21 December 2002 12:10:4

• onthego
    onthego

I will make an "observation" rather than an "unfounded accusation" and that observation is that the sabotaging of the website best serves the interests of the Watchtower Society and those of her most fanatical supporters.

Is that fair or not, Simon?

Bill needs to have mirroring websites from silentlambs.org. Certain folks are happy when voices like those of Bill and Kent and others are put into disarray.

That's a well-founded observation I do believe.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes beans, i do see u have a vested interest here. Whether bill is personally liked or not-he still exposed this and the survivors need someone to keep going with this. Otherwise the WTS, will win,,hands down.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wednesday, i am offended by you being offended at beans!

I truly am. none of us have a monopoly on pain sweatheart. sigh

unclebruce who has as much right to play the violin as any silentlamb.

• onthego
    onthego

Let everybody know as soon as it gets fixed, please.

Edited by - onthego on 21 December 2002 12:21:40

• Valis
    Valis

Hmmm...so after all of the previous uproar about passwords and FTP access and uploading the SL site now its being purported that someone sabotaged the whole thing? The "webmaster" fior SL didn't bother changing passwords when he/she took over administration? I mean just for security's sake that would have been the first thing I did, if just to keep the former "webmaster" out of the domain's space.Personaly I find that a bit hard to believe. Unless there was a serious hack of the web server one can assume that a potential sabotuer had the username and psw. Seems like an awful lot of trouble over one website. Yeah sure, lets play the conspiracy game and assume someone is trying to undermine the work of SL. Not only would it have to be organized, but also be people who knew how to hack a web server and people who knew they could face jail time and civil penalties for said action. Do you really think serious hackers would involve themselves w/pro WTBTS people involved in some petty game of revenge? I doubt it...So which version of who's truth is it? I ask myself why I should even care and yes wednesday it does come back around to the abused...I just wish it were easier to be on the cheering squad..you know what I mean?

Sincerely,

Distrcit Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit