cult?

by hannibal 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

I believe love is truth. I also believe god is love.

Joel

• willy_think
    willy_think

i would call truth, things as thay are,not any preseptin of things as thay are.

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • hannibal
    hannibal

The bible does say God is love,but what does his "track record show" for lack of a better word.If u believe the bible he has always destroyed people for not following him and his laws.He loves those who love him enough to follow his laws.THose who he distroyed probly wouldnt call him a God of love.Anyone can read the bible and come to any conclusion thay want to justify there life style,Im try not to do that.This is the hardest thing to do coming out of the 'truth' i guess.

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Hi Abaddon good to see you posting here! I'm with you on this one.

There is a big difference between a harmless cult, and a destructive mind control cult that takes away freedoms, and deystroys peoples famiies freindships, and lives!!!

http://www.freedomofmind.com/resource/srmind.htm

Venice

• hannibal
    hannibal

Venice im not down playing peoples emotions and thought,my only point is there is some good and some bad in ever religion.wether thay are the 'truth' or not is not my decision.People throw out cult so much and I am just not sure of the point.I have many relitives still in the 'truth' who truly think the religion is a protection.I dont agree,but the bashing of j/ws goes to far at times

But i am new at this,maybe I'll come around

if u cant change your mind are you sure you have one?

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

sorry Hannibal I wasn't saying you were sorry it came across that way. I just don't think ANYONE is better off as a JW no matter what, so that's just my opinion! And yes I'm very passionate about it, I still have so many that are still in! And it's my hearts desire to see each and everyone one of them recive the Freedom and peace that comes with being free of a cult, as Jesus said "The Truth shall set you FREE!"

Venice

• eyes_opened
    eyes_opened

I don't think that a belief in God and a belief in the Bible have to go hand in hand. To me I have found more spirituality, grace and beauty listening to Mozart, looking at a sunset, or cuddling a newborn baby and smelling the sweetness of its hair than I ever have found in any bible scripture or religious service. God meant for us to enjoy such small wonders while here...not to struggle each moment wondering which religion is right, which holy book is right, etc. People get so caught up worrying about the *next life* they forget to relax and enjoy without guilt the gifts God/Gods/Goddesses have given us THIS time around. This is my new philosophy in life and I have never been more at peace.

Eyes

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Eyes

hope you dont mind..but I loved your post......

could not agree more!

reminded me of this song

WITH ARMS WIDE OPEN
    Well I just heard the news today
    It seems my life is going to change
    I closed my eyes, begin to pray
    Then tears of joy stream down my face
    With arms wide open
    Under the sunlight
    Welcome to this place
    I'll show you everything
    With arms wide open
    Well I don't know if I'm ready
    To be the man I have to be
    I'll take a breath, I'll take her by my side
    We stand in awe, we've created life
    With arms wide open
    Under the sunlight
    Welcome to this place
    I'll show you eveything
    With arms wide open
    Now everything has changed
    I'll show you love
    I'll show you everything
    With arms wide open
    If I had just one wish
    Only one demand
    I hope he's not like me
    I hope he understands
    That he can take this life
    And hold it by the hand
    And he can greet the world
    With arms wide open...

namaste

Stephen

• hannibal
    hannibal

Eyes opened,
    That was a great point about spending more time enjoying this life than worrying about the next one,If there is one.Im just having a hard time going from the 'truth'(answers to ever question about life,so I thought)to a cloud of uncertainty.And as much as I love this site and others they havent provided meaningful answers,just made things more cloudy for me at this point in my lifes journey.

If you can change your mind are you sure you have one?

• rob
    rob

Welcome aboard, Hannibal. Don't try to look to this site or any other to provide you with the "answers." Contrary to Jw belief the "answers" are not found externally, by someone else telling you what to believe. You have to come to an understanding of yourself and the world around you. Only then will you find the answers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit