I graduated from college today

by ChrisVance 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

Congratulations, Chris! Here's to a brighter future......Cheers!

Robyn

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

GOOD WORK! CONGRATULATIONS! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Congratulations Chris!!! What an accomplishment!! I love it when a non-traditional student graduates!

Onacruse: I went to college for 4 years, got 128 credit hours and never graduated....until 13 years later. I went back to school...they too accepted my credits, however, I had to prove english, writing, math and a few more classes. I went to night school and had 3-4 classes a week for one full year--June 1998-July 1999. I ended up with over 180 credit hours for my bachelors.

If I can do it, anyone can!

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

Way to go Chris!!!!!

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Well done, Chris.

You're an inspiration. I'm in my 3rd year now at Uni in London, UK. Studying (hate that word) Criminal Justice, it's tough but I love it. When I couldn't stand the hyprocrisy in 'the truth' any longer, I walked away from my elder husband, my home and my kids, I thought I'd never survive and it broke my heart to leave my girls but it was that or die. So I got on a mission, found something I wanted to do and started doing it!

If an old boy like you can complete a degree, a youngster like me at 46 should be able to!

Well done you!

• Marcos
    Marcos
    Katie (yeah what Marco said.......I hope that isn't something dirty)

Bikerchick,

How could you even THINK that of me?

Marcos

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Congrats Chris!!! What a great accomplishment

I've one more year 'til I graduate with a BA, assuming I survive that long I don't know how people immediately return to school for their Master's...the thought of another 2 or 3 years of writing papers and taking exams and reading dry textbooks makes me wanna cry! Hat's off to you for having the fortitude to do it.

Dana

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

Spanish is my native tongue. It's all I spoke for the first three years of my life. It's so true about being in the culture to learn a language. I have taken Spanish a few times and practically flunked it every time. Guess I need to move back to Panama.

Chris, I am so happy for you. It would be an honor to make you one of my famous dish cloths. If you are interested, please e-mail me.
    Feliz Navidad and Mierda de Toro (this is just about all the Spanish I've retained-haha)!

• Jesika
    Jesika

CONGRATS CHRIS!!!!!!!!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Congratulations!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit