Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

by Marvin Shilmer 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

in my last post i quoted from the July 15th Watchtower 2013 but failed to put the word Watchtower. Just to add this to my last post.

A couple of years earlier from the book God's Kingdom Of a Thousand Years Has Approached the book The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah-How? was published

The question was asked on page 58/59

'Who, then, are the group of persons who, toward the beginning of this "time of the end," were commissioned to serve as the mouthpiece and active agent of Jehovah?'

and on page 61,

'Whom could the real "chariot" of Jehovah's organization roll up to and confront that He might bestow upon this qualified one the commission to speak as a prophet in the name of Jehovah?'

and on page 66

'It is manifest that in the year 1919 the invisible heavenly organization of Jehovah, like the celestial chariot seen in Ezekiel's vision, rolled up and stopped, not before Christendom's advocates of the League of Nations, but before the anointed proclaimers of the heavenly kingdom of God in the hands of Jesus Christ. From atop this celestial chariotlike organization Jehovah commissioned this dedicated, baptized, anointed class of servants to speak to all the nations in His name.'

I think that i'm right in saying that 'this dedicated, baptized, anointed class of servants' were the same ones mentioned in the God's Kingdom Of a Thousand Years Has Approached page 355

'On inspecting the remnant of his anointed disciples in the year 1919 C.E., the reigning King Jesus Christ did find the appointed "slave" faithful and discreet in the feeding of his "domestics." Accordingly, he appointed this "slave" class over all his belongings.'

I found interesting a couple of pages before the question asked in The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah-How? on page 58/59 on page 56/57 another question is asked after citing Ezekiel 24:24

'Since Ezekiel himself was a "portent" or "sign" (AV) of someone to come, and since he was not a type or prophetic figure of Jesus Christ, whom did the prophet Ezekiel typify in carrying out his divine commission?'

The answer appears to be the one I quoted on page 66. so it would seem Ezekiel prefigured them.

I understand that the view of the faithful slave may have changed in the last few years.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Fisherman writes:
    Jews believe that Job is allegory. WT teaches that Job was a real person, a contemporary of Moses, from Arabia, a descendant of Abraham--but not of the 12 tribes. ( see Topic "Job" Insight Book and All Scriptures Inspired and Beneficial WTS.) If Job was a fictional character, then God did not actually use him.
    If Job was a real person, then he was an exception of someone that God used who was not a Jew prior to "Pentecost".

Then, and as you say, if Job was a real person then your assertion is false that "Prior to Pentecost, God used the Jews exclusively."

The history of Job took place before God appointed Moses as his Messiah and before Israel accepted the Law covenant (according to WTS).

Another unevidenced assertion. Regardless, your earlier claims is already debunked if, as you say, Job was a real person.

Interestingly, God used Moses, a Jew, to write the book bearing Job's name, and people benefit because of Moses' work, not Job's.

Another unevidenced assertion. Regardless, your earlier claims is already debunked if, as you say, Job was a real person.

And then we have this gem:

Also, although Job's conduct and integrity must have given God much pleasure, God did not use Job or descendants as his "spokepersons". Prior to "Pentecost," God used the Jews exclusively.

How on earth you think you can prove the assertion that God did not use Job or descendants as "spokespersons" I have no idea, but I'll ask you to prove it.

And, finally, and as you say, if Job was a real person then your earlier claims is already debunked that prior to Pentecost God used the Jews exclusively.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Marvin Shilmer - "Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the 'faithful slave'?"

Well, since they don't seem all that faithful or slavelike...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

From the transcript, G-Jack didn't say it would be presumptuous for him to say WT is the only spokesman God is using - he said It would SEEM to be presumptuous...!

Marina.......surely you are not suggesting that he was being tricky with his choice of words, are you? He never did really say "yes" or "no", did he!

Kinda reminds me of: "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is" is."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4XT-l-_3y0

Doc

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

debunked

Not debunked
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman

The wts basically teaches that the acid test for loyalty is whether or not a person speaks apostate lies opposite to the healthful teaching. It is not based upon a litmus question. Albeit, any doubts about what GJ said, the 6/15 wt mag that I quoted from in my previous post says it in writing-"You have it in writing." "Why go beyond the things written?" In that article from the GB, it states, that God is the source of JW "spiritual food" JW believe that. But if a single PH question should be used upon a JW, it would be about the clear convincing evidence of God's HS exclusively in the JW as I have explained in my previous post. Jesus said to the Jews, the nation of Israel, that God had been using exclusively: "The Kingdom of God will be taken from you and given to a nation producing its fruits."

Evidence: Pentecost (Jewish festival of first fruits)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    MS, I think that your grammar, punctuation, and mastery of the written English language is impeccable.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

Absolutely..

The FDS is a Parable,a Fictional Story..

Everything about the WatchTower is Based on Fiction..

MORE WATCHTOWER

Image result for fiction logo

................Image result for Watchtower governing body

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

uncantone: I read your posts. I do not respond to every post, but I consider anything that I think has any merit. I think that you contribute something of substance.

Regarding your quotation about "mouthpiece," I am not sure what the author wanted the reader to understand when reading that. I think that JW concluded that God communicated with FDS in some special, exclusive way not privy to common JW, a channel of HS direct communication.

The WTS still proclaims that it is being led by HS. The excerpt from the 6/15 wt mag, if you read it, still claims that God is the source of the spiritual food they publish (compare De 8:3"..from God's mouth") in other words, they still make the same claim (mouthpiece.) However, the wts has made public that there is nothing special about the HS that God gives the FDS, it is the same HS experienced by all JW. JW understand and believe it.

• nmthinker
    nmthinker
    I am not sure what the author wanted the reader to understand when reading that.

Doesn't that seem WEIRD to you?

the wts has made public that there is nothing special about the HS that God gives the FDS, it is the same HS experienced by all JW. JW understand and believe it.

Riiiiight - thats why they instruct mothers to shun their children if they believe anything besides the "healthful teaching" - which itself is defined by the Governing body. No special privilege claimed there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit