Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

by Marvin Shilmer 81 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

This question is known to be posed by JWs to other JWs as an acid test of loyalty.

I'm not the first to notice what I'm about to point out and comment accordingly, but today I felt compelled to add a short article on my blog highlighting the new language that Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson supplies as a response.

A person who honestly hesitates to respond with a robust "Yes!" now can say something completely deflating and with the authority of a sitting Governing Body member.

My article is titled Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"?

• Splash
    Splash

For the purposes of the WT publications there is no doubt, no question.
    The GB are Jehovah's spoke person, there is nowhere else to get salvation, you cannot question them.

For the purpose of the court and public exposure there is a fabricated, artificial humility.
    "I think it would be quite presumptuous to say we are the only spokesperson God is using".
    "We view ourselves as trying to fulfill that role [of the faithful slave]".

If JG had God's spirit, if he was abso-f***ing-lutely certain that the GB are God's highest authority on earth, he would have responded
    "Yes! The GB alone are directed by God to speak biblical truth in a Satanic world."
    "We dictate doctrine and understanding direct from our brother Jesus."
    "If you think there is something wrong with our procedures then know these are God's procedures. Take it up with Him!"

JW's around the world would have cheered loud and hard at this man's confidence.

Instead we get a wishy washy answer from a weak man removed from his fan base.

Charlatans.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Matthew 5: 37 Just let your word ‘Yes’ mean yes, your ‘No,’ no,+ for what goes beyond these is from the wicked one.+
  • paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

It would be presumptuous to say that.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

From the transcript, G-Jack didn't say it would be presumptuous for him to say WT is the only spokesman God is using - he said It would SEEM to be presumptuous...!

Marina

• the girl next door
  • oppostate
    oppostate

Using the word disciples left Jackson off the hook quite a bit.

The scriptures Jackson used to explain the GB's role of Guardians Of Doctrine (G.O.D.) clearly made the connection of the GB being equal to the 12 apostles, not just any disciples of Jesus two thousand years ago.

This is something that they haven't made so obvious in print, yet there you have it, the GB and the Apostles are the same class in Jackson's mind.

That certainly would seem very presumptuous and makes them similar to the mormon's who do call their own leadership "apostles".

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Splash - Instead we get a wishy washy answer from a weak man removed from his fan base.

Your entire post totally resonated with me. I could not have said it better.

The way he answered was a slap on the face to every JW who has died for publicly stating loudly with bravery and pride "We're Jehovah's Witnesses, we speak out in fearlessness..." What a coward.

• GodZoo
    GodZoo

Based on GJ's wishy washy weak response maybe he too will be kicked out like Raymond Franz was with the remaining 6 self appointed fibbers saying:

"It is us 6 who are the actual faithful and discreet slave.. Geoff was an apostate"

Followed shortly by the release of this new best seller..

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

You guys are fast !

And the Sequel?

In Search of A Proper Job?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit