Forgiveness

by JH 14 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Forgiveness is something that God asks of us. If we forgive others, we shall also be forgiven. Since it is so important to forgive, I wonder if the congregation forgives our faults, or if they mark down in a file all our wrong doings that they can find. Do you think that the Watchtower is a model in forgiveness?

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Only if you're popular. If you're not - you're SOL

• Francois
    Francois

Since the congregation arrogates to itself the power to judge, and does judge, and keeps a record of that judging, then THEY will be judged in exactly the same way, if Mt 7:1 means anything. The JWs, of course, don't believe in Karma, however they will get a lesson in advanced Karma when they are judged just as they judge. You'd think they had no reading comprehension at all.

• Dawn
    Dawn

My favorite scripture - Romans 14:4 "Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand."

Jesus is the master and we're the servants. It's pretty clear to me.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Do you think that the Watchtower is a model in forgiveness?

"Jehovah will probably forgive you before we forgive you..."

What I was told (by her older brother) that a judicial committee told a young (age 26) sister whom they DF'd less than two weeks ago...

A pity... and a shame. Truly.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

(My experience through interaction)

The ruling class of Elders pardon or execute. They neither forgive or forget, it is about the external act of pardon. Forgiving is an internal action. The entire religious order wants nothing to do with the act of forgiving. My take is that one is too scared for their own place in the pecking order. Individual loyalty, true love, and hope, these are all casualties when the act of forgiving is forced. In the act of deciding who gets pardoned and who gets sent to the gallows, forgiveness is not relevent. And for them being disfellowshipped or not is all that matters.

All this to show the mercy or the "Power" that the elders hold over those who are willing to subjegate themselves. Their (elders) greatest fear is that families and friends will one day stand together and say "No I won't." At that moment the power of fear that these men have lifted like fog. J.M.O.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Do they fore - give you? i.e. give to you without any earning, deservedness, or "making the grade" on your part? Or do they dish it out to you as you deserve it ? Fore - give or trade?

Being judged as I judged, if I were a jw, I should be Very alarmed about this little gem of a doctrine - revealing the truth only to those who deserve to know the truth.

paduan

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Your reply caught my eye youngonce. The NO I WON'T. reminds me of a little elder that ruled his family and anyone else he could with an iron fist.

The end result was none of his children will have anything to do with him. His wife (still with him) joined the Nazarene church and is a steady member. It was obvious that she did this as her

"NO I WON'T"

The last time I saw him, he was a pathetic old man at the assembly all alone. He has no friends due to his caustic demanding attitude.

Outoftheorg

• onacruse
    onacruse

True story.

When I was at Bethel, I worked on the night cleaning crew. One of my jobs was to buff the vinyl floors in the Service Department. One night, as I ran the machine around the desks and files, I saw a file card cabinet. Can't remember the ID on it, but it had something to do with df'ing. Curious, I opened it up (no, it wasn't locked). It was a record of df'ings...names, dates, reasons, comments about parameters for reinstatement. Very specific.

1 Cor 13:4-5 (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
    5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

"record" is Gk logizetai = Eng "to keep a log"

What's wrong with this picture?

Craig

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Bottom line is, the WTBTS has to keep these records in order to maintain the power and control over people....even those that have long since left the org.

Craig...gosh, I wish you could have peeked in my file. I'd love to know if they have my letter to them, where I told them goodbye and why. The one they never bothered to reply to.

Even court systems destroy nearly all Civil and Law cases that are twenty years old to purge the system and make room for new ones.

Maybe they (WTBTS) just like to pull out old files to have something "fun" to read now and then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit