Words from my brother

by Elsewhere 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

In the Bible, who are the small flock and who are the great crowed, and what do they have to do with Jehovah? How is the spiritual food distributed to Gods people. What relation does Jesus have with the anointed remnant, and who are they? Is your mind so corrupted with wrong thinking? Can you hear yourself? Your last email has such horrible untruths. I am shocked at what you think now? You are so far gone. When I read your thoughts, I feel as if I am swallowing drinking water that has sewage mixed in it.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 11:22 AM
    To: Gene ********
    Subject: RE: who should change

They change their teachings yet still demand obedience. What they tell you to do today will get you disfellowshipped tomorrow.

They teach that their instruction will give you eternal life, yet they will change that instruction tomorrow.

They claim authority when they have none. Your salvation is through Jesus, not an organization.

Always remember, the bible teaches salvation through Jesus, not and organization. As soon as you start following an organization who's teachings are constantly wrong and having to be changed, you are in opposition to god.

The Watchtower constantly changes; therefore it cannot be trusted.

The bible never changes; therefore you can trust it alone for your salvation.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 19 December 2002 14:56:40

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Thats what he wrote back to you Else? Thats terrible

Although he is willing to discuss these issues with you which is amazing. Keep at him while he leaves the door ajar.

Edited by - RandomTask on 19 December 2002 14:50:32

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Elsewhere you are a lot more brave than I am...good luck to you, maybe something will eventually stick with him...

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Else.

Those are strong words and indicate that he is linking what youre saying with the evil one.

I wouldnt push too hard if I were you. This person is a long way from ready to "come out" , I think, they need to be drip fed over a long time

Avoid arguments!! At all cost dont argue. If you start to argue ...disengage the discussion.

• rem
    rem

When I read your thoughts, I feel as if I am swallowing drinking water that has sewage mixed in it.
    That's exactly how he should feel when reading the Watchtower publications. If he accepts the 'new light' doctrine, then he must admit that any 'truth' that he reads from the publications is mixed in with 'sewage' or untruths that will be changed later as 'new light' is published. rem

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

There were more emails going back and forth today, but that was the first one where he exploded at me. He was angry with me earlier and using a lot of exclamation points and I almost told him to f*ck off.

I decided I would stay calm and only be kind to him... it seems the more angry he becomes, the more at peace I feel. Is that strange?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The irony of the whole situation is that I am an atheist who is trying to convert my brother to mainstream Christianity.

I had no idea that he was so deep into the JW thought process.

Every time he has ever talked to me after I DAed, he has been very calm and friendly. I guess he was actually gritting his teeth trying to love-bomb me back in the Org.

I find his behavior very odd... when I was in the org, I didn't really believe what was taught. I was just pretending to keep everyone around me happy. I'm starting to think that he actually does believe this stuff.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 19 December 2002 15:15:3

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce

"The irony of the whole situation is that I am an atheist who is trying to convert my brother to mainstream Christianity."

Elsewhere..."Why?"...

ADDED:

"it seems the more angry he becomes, the more at peace I feel. Is that strange?"

I know exactly what you are saying.

Edited by - Iwasyoungonce on 19 December 2002 15:18:26

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

If he wants to believe in god, then so be it... that is his right. I just hate to see him in a mind-control cult.

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

BRAVO Elsewhere!!!

I love the e-mail you sent your brother!!! I can not understand how he could call it sewage!!

You wrote" The Watchtower constantly changes; therefore it cannot be trusted. The bible never changes; therefore you can trust it alone for your salvation."

That is pure beauty my friend.....pure beauty! I am surprised but happy an athiest wrote something so touching.

You know maybe instead of trying to convert your brother to mainstream religion....just get him to want to discover the bible and serve God on his own with no hierarchy.

Once while still JW I was preaching and a man told me........The End WIll Come When All God's People Leave The ORGANIZED RELIGIONS.

I didn't get what he ment then......but turn on the news and see....all faiths are abusing meek people...women...children.....mild tempered men.......all are being turned away with a lack of love from a clergy class.

Maybe what your brother needs is just the bible and his Creator.

Then he can choose what traditions he wishes....x-mas or not.....pleadge or not...etc.

The Truth Will Set You Free

Keep us posted please......I love your thoughts and ideas!

Agape,

Utopian_Raindrops

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit