Governing Body missing their big chance

by under the radar 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under the radar
    under the radar

It seems to me that the Governing Body is missing an excellent opportunity to demonstrate that they are indeed the Faithful and Discreet Slave™. Even if, as they claim, they collectively constitute the Slave™ only when meeting together to consider spiritual matters, surely any one of their number could expect to be guided by Holy Spirit™ when testifying before the Australian Royal Commission on such an important matter.

In fact, they should widely publicize the hearing and encourage all JW's to watch it live. This would show they have nothing to fear and really believe all the (hot steaming piles of) spiritual food they've been spewing.

After all, their own translation of the Bible says, at Matthew 10:18-20, "18 And you will be brought before governors and kings+ for my sake, for a witness to them and the nations.+ 19 However, when they hand you over, do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour;+ 20 for the ones speaking are not just you, but it is the spirit of your Father that speaks by you."

There are several other scriptures that say essentially the same thing, and those statements are in regard to followers of Christ in general. How much more so, then, should it apply to members of the Governing Body.

So if Brother Jackson and the other members of the Governing Body really believe they being used by Jehovah to dispense spiritual food and watch over the "flock of God," he should welcome to chance to demonstrate such guidance before the world, now that the chance has arisen. To do otherwise would be to make a mockery of those scriptures. It would belie their claim to be spirit-directed in any form, and severely undermine their self-assumed "spiritual authority."

All he has to do is admit the child abuse policies and the applications thereof were flawed in the past, sincerely apologize to anyone hurt by them, and say that plans were already underway to correct them and do even more than the law requires. He could say the "two witness rule" only applies to judicial matters within the congregation and not to any criminal matter. Any report of any serious crime, specifically including any allegation of child abuse, committed by a congregation member will be immediately reported to the police so that the law of the land can take its course. The first priority will always be to assure that the child or other victim is safe from any further abuse. Only then may a judicial investigation proceed, and again, only after the authorities have been notified. And no more anonymous notifications either. Only notifications giving names, dates, places, and all other known or alleged information will be good enough. The authorities must be given enough information to protect the victim and start their investigation without delay.

He could accept responsibility on behalf of the Governing Body for the flawed and inadequate policies of the past. After all, the Bible has several examples of faithful men of God who made serious mistakes, openly admitted them, and then atoned for them in one way or another. I would think such an attitude would add to their stature among onlookers, not detract from it. But I seriously doubt any of them would have the humility to take such a course. Pride and hypocrisy are the hallmarks of those who would set themselves up as leaders and examples and yet cower and quibble when questioned publicly by anyone not under their "spell."

I could grudgingly admire Brother Jackson if he showed that he truly believed that scripture in Matthew applied to him, and he testified honestly and openly before the Commission, depending on the Holy Spirit™ to guide his responses. But I don't think he will. I think, if he doesn't weasel out of appearing altogether through some artifice, he will be thoroughly briefed and coached on the use of "doublespeak" and artfully dodge any direct questions about how and by whom policies are determined. And I have no doubt at all that one reason he wants to do it by video link instead of in person is so he can have advisors off-camera telling him what to say if he gets caught blowing smoke.

Regardless, this is gonna be a good show. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

• Village Idiot
  • Esse quam videri
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yup this is their 'big chance' and they are blowing it. I'm sure Jackson will blowing when it comes time to giving a big witness for Jehovah ways of doing things.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    This month will probably be the first legitimate field service report Jackson has ever submitted.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Ten bucks says he will take an affirmation instead of an oath on the Bible.
  • jwleaks
    jwleaks

"Do not become anxious about how or what you are to speak, for what you are to speak will be given you in that hour." - Matthew 10:19

Evidently the Scriptures approve of the use of a teleprompter or earpiece for Geoffrey Jackson.

Teleprompter

• smiddy
    smiddy

If he`s anything like those other dudes before him , their will be a lot of pauses as he waits for the" Holy Spirit" to jump in , and ....nothing....

I wonder how good his memory will be , failed memory seems to be a real problem with these clowns.

It should be a hoot.

smiddy

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Videolink. the absolute coward. I can imagine his holiness watchtower pope Jacko will have a hidden earpiece so the WBT$ lawyers can - er I mean...the holy spirit can tell him how to respond.

If the faithful slave(tm) is only the faithfult slave(tm) when they all meet together, is it a get out clause that his holiness pope Jacko is on his own?

What I want to see is, all members of the GB interviewed.

I think they'd be hung out to dry.

Sadly the R&F will take sides with them no matter what. the cult mind protects it's leaders no matter what.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Even if, as they claim, they collectively constitute the Slave™ only when meeting together to consider spiritual matters,

good god---what do they all do together to get a dose of the spirit ?

errr--no--no--i dont need to know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit