My bethel application

by Elsewhere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I only did the two week temp thing, but I still had to fill out a long application and send it back. One of the questions that stands out in my mind was something to the effect of: "Do you believe that the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses is God's sole spirit directed organization on earth?"

When I read that, I felt a strange sensation. Even though I had pioneered, I had no idea that that is how they viewed themselves. I didn't like seeing those words on the paper... It felt wrong.

I was not up to backing down at that point... too many people were expecting me to go.

I checked the "Yes" box next to the question. The act of checking that Yes box felt so wrong.

I viewed myself as having such a "balanced" view of biblical things. It wasn't until I saw that question that I started to realize, if only subconsciously, how unbalanced the organization is.

The entire time I was there I constantly felt exhausted. I would barely be able to get up in the morning, and would go to sleep as soon as I got back to my room. I would also sleep through the entire weekend, and any meetings that I managed to bring myself to attend.

On an up note, I can proudly say that I "defiled" the "house of god" on multiple occasions by doing something very naughty in my room.

• jimbob
    jimbob

I was encouraged to apply for temp service when I was younger. Back 15 years ago, it was the "in" thing to do. All young brothers were to either apply for temp or permanent service. But I never did! Then as the years went on, I was encouraged to go back and visit and see how this truly was Jehovah's organization. But I never did! So to this day...I have never been to New York to see Bethel! Now that's an accomplishment to be proud of!!!

By the way Elsewhere...did you leave a little mess on the sheets for the maids to clean up???

• Jourles
    Jourles

If I recall, the same question is also asked on a pioneer application. I remembered seeing it there when my wife brought home her application one year.

• heathen
    heathen

Sounds like they should have asked if you planned to masturbate while living there. The next quetion might be are you lying ? lol

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I just couldn't help myself... the stress got to me and I needed to release some of my "stress".

• onacruse
    onacruse

Do the math...500 Bethelites (avg for last 100 years) x 4 years each (in the olden days of yore) x 100 years x 365 lonely nights x 3 grams per ***

= 219,000 kg

• heathen
    heathen

Elsewhere - While we're at it , how many times did you do it and were you ever caught? inquiring minds want to know.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm... were you ever an elder?

I won't get into too many details, but once my roommate was asleep in his bed in the same room.

Desperate times require desperate measures!!!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Whatever blows your skirt up!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    = 219,000 kg

Is that why protein drinks are so popular at Bethel?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit